Hpi baja 5t or KM baja 1000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fireman15

Hey guys new to the world of 1/5 scale. just got out of nitro, and I don't want to pay to much for an R/c truck. So which one is better? 1st hand experienced people please.

Best bet getting a second hand baja 5t off ebay mate or get a clone but id go with
hpi but if you don't have the funds get a clone.

Welcome to LSF mate :D

Best bet getting a second hand baja 5t off ebay mate or get a clone but id go with
hpi but if you don't have the funds get a clone.

Welcome to LSF mate :D
Thanks I want to get one off of ebay but i have read just about everywhere that If you buy used your probobly gonna get someones elses problems. I am just getting into this hobby, and i absolutly hated nitro. it started then it didnt then it was the glow plug or the fuel, or it wasnt primed. any way is the km reliable? or are they junk? what do you have?

I have a HPI baja 5t and i love it ive owned 2 of them my last one i owned it for 5 ish
years and the one i have now ive owned it for about 4 ish months and i never have
any probs with them its the best 5th scale ive ever owned but for the people who
cant afford the proper car they buy clones which are still good but at half the price!!
You can fit hpi parts on clones and upgrade parts on clones too but its up too you
what you pick ? but id go with hpi....

good luck :D

i'm struggling to find a baja 5t in the US but we got loads of em in th UK :D

Why not the 5SC ? its just a 5t with a new shell, new bumpers, same motor ect ect
or you could get the 5SC SS.. build it yourself ?

and if you don't like the 5SC shell you can go back to the stock baja 5t shell/body
or get a woodster wide body or a RCP wide body or a Bug body... there are afew
to pick from....

i havnt owned a t1000 but i do have the kingmotors buggy counterpart and they are just as durable as the hpi baja imo. from the bashing i have given mine and i have just moved from 1/8th scale mt, i am used to the big air jumps and have found myself putting the baja there more then a few times. so imo id go with the t1000 over a used 5t or even a new sc and have some cash in your pockets for upgrades as you need them.

Are the engines in the 5t hard to tune. And any broken stuff on it ?

In my opinion they are very easy to tune but all depends on who is doing the tuning. The engine that comes in the HPI 5T is made by CY. I have 4 CY engines and so far none of them have given me any problem. Many of the clones have HY engines and I have read where some hare having problems with the carbs on them. In my opinion go HPI.

I do want to worn you the 5T and SC bodies are expensive! The are so exposed they do not hold up real well. This is one of the reason I run a HPI 5b SS and because I am a buggy person. 5T and SC bodies clear $169 5b clear body $29.

engines are sooooo easy to tune!! not like nitro!! do the brake in and then tune!!

I never had a problem tuning nitro engines.
i did mabey i just didn't have the patience. i bought a Traxxes Tmax 2.5 and tried to tune it. it had an extremely high idle it also had alot of problems starting so i went and ordered a os 21 tm engine i replaced the ez start with a pull start then I began losing skin off my hand when it would rip it off the truck ran great then it went to high idle, so i tried the hobby shop then bought glow plugs then bought new fuel and then i was done with it so now iam looking to get into the world of 1/5 scale. Its practically a chainsaw engine so its probobly very easy to work on.:D

I do want to worn you the 5T and SC bodies are expensive! The are so exposed they do not hold up real well. This is one of the reason I run a HPI 5b SS and because I am a buggy person. 5T and SC bodies clear $169 5b clear body $29.

Yeah i wish the 5ts were cheaper even used. Ii am a father of a 1year old, and having another kid on the way, and i don't have like 1,000 just laying around if you know what i mean

Yeah i wish the 5ts were cheaper even used. Ii am a father of a 1year old, and having another kid on the way, and i don't have like 1,000 just laying around if you know what i mean

Been there done that. Raised 3 girls as a single parent. When I got them none where in school and two where in diapers.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks