Hpi baja 5t Sym steer and fonzie links problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right! FG# is 06025/02. stock Chinese spring is 2,9mm, FG is 3,0mm. (3,2mm would have been better...)
Servo Saver Spring @ DDM
no Fonzie links i'm using
I tried what he is suggesting. Wheel alignment changes through the suspension travel.
i think that changes anyway.
what worries me a bit is that the steering links are not parallel with ground at stationary... when the suspension travel is at midway.
also I use a little toe-in to mitigate the huge difference between turn radius of inner/outer wheels.
suspension geometry is far from ideal, but good enough for me (y)

Last edited:
right! FG# is 06025/02. stock Chinese spring is 2,9mm, FG is 3,0mm. (3,2mm would have been better...)
Servo Saver Spring @ DDM
no Fonzie links i'm using

i think that changes anyway.
what worries me a bit is that the steering links are not parallel with ground at stationary... when the suspension travel is at midway.
also I use a little toe-in to mitigate the huge difference between turn radius of inner/outer wheels.
suspension geometry is far from ideal, but good enough for me (y)
This is precisely why I had to modify the servo saver and swapped the top and bottom parts around so I could get the links in a better position and not create loads of toe out when the suspension compresses. Have you got any photos of your setup and is the FG spring a direct swap?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks