HPI Baja air filter on a FG?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My stock HPI 5b SS filter is only two foams. Did they change them? I do run a Outerwears pre filter. Have run in some really dusty areas and so far never got past the last foam.

The stock FG filter is a good set up if thats what you have fitted now. In answer to your question yes the HPI filter will fit between the roll cage.

The engine only had the stock square plastic airfilter when I ordered it, so it don't have a stock filter. And as the hpi is a bit less pricey and has a original prefilter, I got one off ebay last night for 20 dollars shipped.

Mike what sort of tracks do you run on? The reason I asked is I know a lot of tracks in the UK are carpeted which is very sweet. Before I put my Outerwears Pre-filter I ran in very dusty conditions and some dust did get past the first stage but never got past the second stage this is why I got the Outerwears Pre-filter for extra insurance.

We run on mostly astro turf tracks which is covered in sand to weight it down. There is also a small area of land that I do some testing on which is dirt, grass and hard packed clay.

One of the reasons I like these foams so much is the fact that they're only a couple of quid each and they come pre oiled so you can fit them and bin them when they're dirty - although I know people who wash them out and re oil them without any issues.

Last edited:
yes fella , it goes on, so i have a baja filter on the marder,as its slightly smaller then the fg filter, i also agree that the fg filter is brilliant, i run on dusty roads and the fg is great for that,the only reason i run the baja setup is because i have slightly bent my jetpro, so the fg filter doesn't fit,then again,all the longer style filters are very tight fitment if you run the jetpro v2.I have a k&n filter on the km with pre filter and outwears, i think the fg foam filter is better the the baja one,as i have ran them both without prefilter/outwears in the past and the fg one came out on top, by a small margin.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks