HPI Baja clutch bell fits DBXL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan K.

Hey guys,

I'm doing a conversion on a DBXL back to Gas. So it went from Gas to electric then going back to gas again. At any rate, I'm sourcing out parts that I no longer have. I have a HPI Baja clutch bell with pinion kicking around. From the info I've gathered, one aftermarket company seem to offer the same clutch bell for both cars but with different pinions. However, most companies offer clutch bells specific to Baja or DBXL. Can anyone confirm this? Seems like the pinions for the Baja are thicker and usually 17-20T while the DBXL pinions are narrower and 21-23T. Are the pinions the only differences? I know they're all Mod 1.5 as I've had the Baja and DBXL in Electric. In those cases since they were both brushless motors, the pinions didn't matter.

I'd like to save myself from having to buy a new one. I can't believe that simple piece of metal is $60, then another $30 for a pinion. What a rip off. I'm only talking about the clutch bell, the black cup shape thing with the pinion bolted to it that the clutch pads go against.

thanks!

Last edited:
I'll get you links to the stuff you need on your other thread after I get home tonight.

thanks, so far I ordered the servo/battery trays and boxes, the throttle linkages, FID clutch bell housing mount, FID engine mount, fuel tank mount and 870ml fuel tank + cap. I still have the original brakes but I'll most likely replace that with the FID center diff mount and complete brakes anyways. Aside from that, I would greatly appreciate it if you let me know what else I'm missing. I'm assuming just the motor, clutch bell, pinion and exhaust box/air filter?

So you don't have an engine yet?
The best thing I can tell you is to go over to DDM.com and look at what they offer for the air filter/ exhaust pipe. I listed some parts on your other thread. I just purchased the TR air filter relocation kit for 5ive t for my dbxl. I would say the vertigo bell is a very good option. The pipe and pinion gearing I'll have to let someone else chime in as I don't know what would work best for your engine. I like my DDM dominator pipe but if I could get a bart or a olimat for a cheap price I would consider trading up for one. If you haven't purchased an engine yet. DDM has a nice package deal on a zenoah g290 with pipe for the dbxl that I think is still on sale right now. If you chose to buy anything from DDM use the coupon code LSF for a discount.
Link to DDM sight for dbxl upgrade parts
http://www.davesmotors.com/Products/Losi-Desert-Buggy-XL-DBXL-Upgrade-Parts/

Last edited:
So you don't have an engine yet?
The best thing I can tell you is to go over to DDM.com and look at what they offer for the air filter/ exhaust pipe. I listed some parts on your other thread. I just purchased the TR air filter relocation kit for 5ive t for my dbxl. I would say the vertigo bell is a very good option. The pipe and pinion gearing I'll have to let someone else chime in as I don't know what would work best for your engine. I like my DDM dominator pipe but if I could get a bart or a olimat for a cheap price I would consider trading up for one. If you haven't purchased an engine yet. DDM has a nice package deal on a zenoah g290 with pipe for the dbxl that I think is still on sale right now. If you chose to buy anything from DDM use the coupon code LSF for a discount.
Link to DDM sight for dbxl upgrade parts
http://www.davesmotors.com/Products/Losi-Desert-Buggy-XL-DBXL-Upgrade-Parts/

+1? 299 brand new zen29 and dominator pipe?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks