Hpi Baja SC Rev's Up To Max Rpm After Startup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brycerocks

I was driving my baja one day and I snapped something in the clutch. Long story short it was the pinion gear bolt that holds it unto the clutch bell. After replacement of the bolt I went to start after resembling. When started rpms were to the max and I shut down. I was wondering if this would have to do with the Bolt I replaced and not re assembling something properly or if it has something to do with the Carburetor.

Thanks for the tip i will try disconnecting the linkage and running it by hand. And if that does not work how would i check for an air leak. :):)

First thing I would do is check the trim for the throttle on your radio. When you turn of the radio does it stay at idle or does it move to wide open or near wide open? I have been riding and working on motorcycles for 44 plus years and the best way I have found to check for a air leak is WD-40. You want to make sure you do not spray it in the air filter or you will get a false test. When you spray it places like the cylinder gasket or intake area if there is a leak it will either rev up or die.
Hope this helps
Jeff

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks