HPI Baja Startup Problem (Video Included) Please Help !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kashif

Hi guys. I have a HPI Baja 5B. The problem that when I press the throttle the engine shuts down or move after a pause. I am new to Baja and don't understand much about tuning but thanks to forum members and videos I am getting it gradually. I tried to tune my car but its no use. I lean my L needle. Rich my H needle and vice versa but the problem remains the same.

After some tuning I managed to stop it from being shutting down but when I give full throttle my car starts after a hiccup and don't picks up speed immediately like it use to be when I press the full throttle. This video will give you idea about what I am talking about:

Please note I tried and tried but this problem is not going by tuning, What I am doing wrong here? The car runs fine when I give throttle gradually and goes to its full speed but does this pause when I give full throttle quickly.

Please help guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure your gas is fresh and you have propro oil to gas ratio mixture. Install new spark plug. Set high and low carb needles to factory settings. Make sure air filter is clean. Now it should be very close to running right. Only very small adjustments on the low and/ or high side should be required to fine tune the carb settings.

Good luck and only turn the high or low side 1/8" of a turn at a time and only adjust one needle at a time.

Mike

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks