HPI carbon fibre look inner panels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OuttaLuck

Tools and materials required

Jigsaw, flat file, scalpel blade, 1.2mm/1.6mm aluminium sheet, carbon fibre film

IMG_0632.jpg

Make a template

Remove fuel tank and battery box Note these will have to be removed anyway when you install the panels. now make a template of the inner chassis and transfer to 1.2mm/1.6mm Aluminium sheet.
Now using a jigsaw to cut out the pattern and finish off with a flat file to smooth out any rough edges

Note: test fit panels before applying cf film

IMG_0612-1.jpg

Applying carbon fibre film

Cut the carbon fibre film 10mm larger than the panel then apply the the film being careful not to get any air bubbles now turn it over and trim the edges with a sharp scalpel blade or knife.

IMG_0637.jpg
IMG_0638.jpg

Fixing the panels

I used rubber silicone applying small dobbs evenly spaced.
The reason i use silicone its easily removed and does not damage any surfaces

Note: Panels are also held firm by the fuel tank and battery box if 1.2mm/1.6mm sheeting are used

IMG_0646.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial thanks for looking

Troy

Last edited:
That looks great!! yours looks shiner than mine :( mine was dry cf effect with abit
of shine to it but yours looks mint!!

Great tutorial :D

Thanks Andy you can have em if you want em just gotta paid the postage fee im gunna make some more gotta a m8 thats gunna laser cut a shite load outta thin guage checker plate il do some more CF look aswell

Troy

Last edited:
looks great,i want some of this stuff for bits of my shell and a few places under my shell, i hope i do as good as a job as you have,its just its harder when things have grooves and lips on.

looks great,i want some of this stuff for bits of my shell and a few places under my shell, i hope i do as good as a job as you have,its just its harder when things have grooves and lips on.

Thx..... The C/F film moulds well using a hair dryer or heat gun you'll be amazed what you can do with it........

Troy

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks