Hpi or Rovan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirco

according to you this is an original HPI or a clone Rovan?

Attachments

• IMG-20141028-WA0028.jpg
    IMG-20141028-WA0028.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 61
the transmitter is not present.
I just want to know if it is a Rovan or not but honestly I do not find any difference.
the only parts are marked hpi filter wheels and tires.

The only way to tell is to run it and if the shocks break its a clone
HPI made a silver RTR with gold top plate like that one and the kit one was gunmetal
But with out more photos close up ones I can't tell
look at recever if it's a Air Tronics that's what HPI came with a hpi but most will not think of throwing the receiver away to hide a clone

Last edited:
I'd say clone that color was from a truck chassis from HPI but I could be wrong I did not mess with them long about a year and Losi came out by HPI

Any way you got it so run it just remember parts from DDM TGN and Largescale are not clone eBay yes run it if it brakes fix it with good parts

another way of telling is that king motors puts a small 'km' stamp into most of their plastic pieces, like the a-arms. if it is a clone and you don't see that then either its a real hpi, or its a clone with replacement parts, either way thats good. also most of the clones come with a 4-bolt engine, hpi is always a 2-bolt. if it is a 4-bolt id suggest taking it apart, giving it a good clean and look over

looks like a 5b ss. the info above is mostly BS.

5b ss has gunmetal chassis with bright orange aluminum details, and that pigtail pipe.

baja 5t has the same color scheme but has a can type exhaust. 5sc and 5b2.0 have gunmetal aluminum chassis parts opposed to the orange found on the 5bss and 5t.

the shocks break on the genuine baja too. the ball ends are just a weak design.

I have to agree with MCRIPPer. It looks like an HPI to me.
Look at the radio box for a serial #
Could be nearly impossible to tell if many changes were made by someone else.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks