HPI Savage XL Rebuild. Receiver / Transmitter Question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinny

Hello, I was wondering if you guys can recommend a receiver for the Savage XL nitro . It is over 12 years old, has the old 2 channel transmitter. The truck runs great but suddenly lost all receive, I purchased a new battery, still doesn't work. Its old, so I thought about putting a new upgraded receiver in it. It would be curious to know if I can use my same 2.4 mhz 3 channel transmitter I use on my Rovan 450. Thank you for all ideas !

Thanks for the recommendations. Im not very experienced and wanted to first see what you guys think. I was running the old Savage XL for a few days, doing some decent bashing and tumbles, no problem, then suddenly mid run , i lost complete control of the truck signal wise. I checked everything, nothing damaged, I thought it was bc of the 12 year old battery so i replaced it. Still no signal. Transmitter appears fine new batteries with led output working. And I checked the antenna connection it is good. So my only thinking was the receiver went out. Does anyone have any other thoughts before i buy a replacement. Im only guessing this is the problem. I don't think the servo's bc the truck doesn't respond to steering or throttle, like no signal at all. Thanks for all the ideas !!

Go the futaba route. I have a 3pv as well. I run a 3 channel reciever on my Savy, then have another reciever for the dbxl on it. Super easy to switch back and forth between the two.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks