Hs-5745-mg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sperera

something went wrong with my steering servo last week.

really weird, horns not stripped, output/horn gear looks a little old but ok. the gear is wobbling so soemthing loose internally, either bearing has failed or a gear has let go.

instead of buying a new servo I want to try and repair this one as the circiut board appears to be fine.

can someone recomend where I can buy a gear set from and will it include a bearing?

i managed to order a gear set from PSR here in oz, hopefully come in tommorow. now to decide if I should use proper white lithium grease or just whatever I have at home.

its the bearings that have failed, both of them, the gear set comes with both bearings.

BTB just so I understand do you know why normal grease wont work?

got my gear set (thanks PSR) this morining. already fitted it to the 5745 case, plugg it in (not installed) and works fine. no more play nothing. absolutley perfect, like new!

hopefully ill get time tonight to put it back in the radio tray and do a bench test, if not its going to need to wait until the weekend.

it comes with everything you need to rebuild (assuming the fault is gear or bearing related like mine), new gears (all of them), o-ring, and 3 bearings.

yeah few people told me to use white lithium grease, i found a tube of white silocone grease, really sticky, I just used that, if it stuffs anything up ill upgrade to a 5755 and know not to use silcone grease in the future.

your supposed to grease them? LOL I have an old ammo case with seperators I toss servo horns in. a couple of those are filled with servo gears from burnt motor servos. I find gears to fit servos often that I strip in there... been too lazy to worry about adding grease. there's usually leftovers in there anyway

got the servo back on the radio tray but having no end of trouble with slop where the sevo save shaft goes throught the front of the radio tray, going to add to my FG thread and see if I can get some help with a solution.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks