hub pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enzo3856

How long does everyone's rear hub pins last... The pin that connects the hub to the outdrive axle.. ?

I recently got the dark soul hub extenders and last week one of the pins blew so my wheel just fell off... I then replaced the pin and the next time out, the other pin blows.
These were still original from an early SS.
Luckily I found some replacements at a local fastener shop. I got 12x 4x24 pins for $6 taxes in.

I have rovan pins in mine so I'd say the ones you broke were bad to begin with 🤷‍♂️..... I'm curious why you went with dark soul and not a clip-less dgi set?
Probably bad pins then or nicked or something....

I went with darksoul for a couple reasons.... It was a complete set for front and back, and it was a deal of the day on DDM

Had a feeling you scored them last week when was DOD. Ok fair enough and to be honest the dark soul look more fitted to handle a set of front brakes. DGI have that stupid oring were the rotor would sit.

Last edited:
Had a feeling you scored them last week when was DOD. Ok fair enough and to be honest the dark soul look more fitted to handle a set of front brakes. DGI have that stupid oring were the rotor would sit.
it was DOD late last year i think... I got them on over the winter season. They are the v2, so you can go clipless on the front and yes they are made to accept disk brakes... so all in all, they looked like a great deal at the time... Also comes with the hub nuts to hold the wheel. They are beefier than the stock units.
I have a pair of Vertigo rear hubs on my other Baja, and I definitely like the DarkSould better (cosmetics, and look and feel). I don't like that the Vertigo are sealed so I cannot tighten the grub screw for the pin... I am half tempted to drill a hole big enough for my hex key to tighten the screw...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks