Hurrax Crypton 4wd video's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcd-race runner-evo3

:)heres some close up and vids

Hi Guys found some proper videos, the guy driving is hope-less, there are 3 videos the longest one 7min 31sec is a brand new car being run in so is running rich alittle to rich for me and it show a tuned pipe fitted so you can fit one heres the link
http://www.rcmovie.de/video/3d1f6619...hrt-Hurrax-4WD best video 7mins 31sec
http://www.rcmovie.de/video/8d1a5517518b2f12bc32
http://www.rcmovie.de/video/58d7f3e7...-4WD-Fotoserie rubbish driving

:):):):):):):cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::):):):):)

The first and third videos are no longer available.

Looking at the second video the performance of the car is disappointing, especially when the track layout and surface is ideal for 4WD. I can only assume the driver is not very experienced!!! Strange that every time the FG Baja or Beetle pulled out a lead on the Crypton the video cut away to a still shot.......

I wonder how long before the tuned pipe is damaged in a collision?

On the basis of the close-up pictures and video (including one at a race meeting) I have seen recently I will not be purchasing one now.

It's yet another 4WD buggy (along with the new FG Baja and Lauterbacher Megacross) that has failed to challenge the class leader (MCD Race Runner). Only Redcat and Smartech have got a product that gets close to the MCD Race Runner and at a much lower cost.

Clive

The first and third videos are no longer available.

Looking at the second video the performance of the car is disappointing, especially when the track layout and surface is ideal for 4WD. I can only assume the driver is not very experienced!!! Strange that every time the FG Baja or Beetle pulled out a lead on the Crypton the video cut away to a still shot.......

I wonder how long before the tuned pipe is damaged in a collision?

On the basis of the close-up pictures and video (including one at a race meeting) I have seen recently I will not be purchasing one now.

It's yet another 4WD buggy (along with the new FG Baja and Lauterbacher Megacross) that has failed to challenge the class leader (MCD Race Runner). Only Redcat and Smartech have got a product that gets close to the MCD Race Runner and at a much lower cost.

Clive

Well, the description does say it's just a test fart. lol

more vids

Well i will let you know on Monday was supposed to get it friday the 11th, as for mcd i have 2 evo3 and evo 3 comp and sick of changing the bearings,the track at nottingham is rubbish astro-turf thats not off road, you want to come where i go, i can kill a FG marder in 1 hour, i have broke bits on my mcd ,i must say it is strong , i will let you know ,at the moment im trying to kill my hpi baja ss ,with no luck ,jumping 7 foot ramps and it just keeps going , my mcd tries and nose dives, this hurrax crypton seems to have engine further back, mcd have the fuel tank in the wrong place ok when you have a full tank front sort of stays up when your tank is nearly empty, the front just smacks the floor even from a 6 inch jump, as for the tune pipe on the Hurrax the spoiler is protecting it, as like a marder :):):):)
try this link watch the muddy one ,my mcd dies and stops if i did that..
http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...h?q=hurrax+crypton+review&start=10&hl=en&sa=N

then type hurrax crypton in the right corner (search ) 12 video's

Nothing jumps as well as a HPI Baja - the other 2WD and 4WD cars simply do not have sufficient suspension travel. Although I do note that it's possible to install two shocks on each corner of the Crypton.

I don't understand why you are having problems with your bearings - I have raced (including in heavy rain) and bashed my MCDs for 18 months and have only replaced two bearings.

I accept your point about the tuned pipe.

Good luck with the new car and keep us updated with how it performs.

Looks like your brother doing much better than me financially.
Oh did I mention my internet was down for 2 months for a bad cable witch was fixed today only. Etesalat customer serves is crap, used to be the best.:2guns:

my pics

some pics of mine more later

Attachments

• 101_0854.jpg
    101_0854.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 101_0855.jpg
    101_0855.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 29
  • 101_0856.jpg
    101_0856.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 101_0857.jpg
    101_0857.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 101_0861.jpg
    101_0861.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 24
Hurrax Crypton 4x4 looks better then my mcd's..

now heres the first things you have to do ,
1. move fuel pipe from between spoiler mounts as alloy is sharp
2.you will have to drill and cut throttle mount/box as there is no way of getting wire out to receiver
3. where steering servo goes, glue a piece in the bottom to stop water /rubbish coming though slits
4.the back of the car crab a back wheel and you can twist move it very easierly, this could be a week point
5.body needs moving back so you need to make new holes in body, say about 1/2 an inch back this makes the body fit better..

but everything else looks great, if you are like me and take your servo tray out like on my mcds race runners and marders to wash with power washer ,well with this car you cant will have to fit balloons over when i power wash.............. will let you all know when running , will be in 3 weeks as i go on holiday tomorrow for 3 weeks, sorry guys, aleast i have put some pictures on for you.............:)

Attachments

• 101_0863.jpg
    101_0863.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 101_0866.jpg
    101_0866.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 101_0862.jpg
    101_0862.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 101_0864.jpg
    101_0864.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 101_0865.jpg
    101_0865.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 26
guys you are so right.i am new and don't have a unit yet so i am looking and i saw the hurrax and the mcd baja1000 in action and guess what my vote is the mcd.

the only thing is in the USA getting parts.or getting some help working on. if it is not food i am lost. (i am a chef)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks