Hurrax Crypton 4wd video's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok this is what i am afraid of.to buy something that you are stuck with and out of a lot of cheese.there is alot of 5th scales out there which is the best 4x4 unit.i know i want something to have fun with off road and a little jumping but most all going fast on dirt,track.

Aren't the wheels supposed to flex some? As i understand the different materials are choosen to give just the correct amount of rigidity at that point...it does not look that bad in the pictures. I think the whole concept is interesting, especially comparing what you get for the money VS other 4WD's i.e. MCD

Indeed. Mcd-race-runner, can you give us some more info? Flexy wheels is hardly cause to call it rubbish, since wheels are $30 a pair for race proven ones. :s

By the way, if you're still trying to get rid of the Hurrax, let me know how much you want for it.

Last edited:
i have a hurrax crypton and let me tell you some good points.....the front bulkhead is an exact copy of the back bulkhead..so all the wishbones are exactly the same.as are the bulkhead supports......the bodyshell does not need to come off to refill...it actually lifts up like the body of a real life funny car...used for drag racing..engine can be removed in under 10 mins.......BAD POINTS... servo saver comes undone or tightens up itself..washers prevent it from happening....normal size jumbo servos for the steering just fall through the radio tray....an adapter plate is needed..which is a tune up part...or make your own one likle i did....maxi servos are recommended.....receiver box is very small...you need to drill holes in bits of the centre drive covers where the throttle brake servo sits...the holes are to get the servo wire out into the receiver box.. this is the biggest mistake.....in the box you get wheel square adaptors like the ones used on fg.because the hurrax uses hexagonal ones..but the wheel axles are square.....just try putting that square axle through a fg,harm and so on where the hole in the wheel is round....did these guys never watch play school or have the multishaped brick set as a child....where u needed to place them through the hole of the same shape........spares are virtually non existant...and as yet there are no tuned pipes that fit it,but in about 2 weeks the pipes are supposedly available.....lol............all in all the car is VERY nice..it drives like its on rails.......check out the video of my car on www.uk.youtube.com under the name of foggyisbad......i will be adding more when i get the chance to use it again.......buy 1 ......

Last edited:
I read recently that a 12 year old drove on in a race and due to a crash finished in 6th place with only 3 wheels. Sounds like a pretty decent car to me.

Vary interesting.

i have a hurrax crypton and let me tell you some good points.....the front bulkhead is an exact copy of the back bulkhead..so all the wishbones are exactly the same.as are the bulkhead supports......the bodyshell does not need to come off to refill...it actually lifts up like the body of a real life funny car...used for drag racing..engine can be removed in under 10 mins.......BAD POINTS... servo saver comes undone or tightens up itself..washers prevent it from happening....normal size jumbo servos for the steering just fall through the radio tray....an adapter plate is needed..which is a tune up part...or make your own one likle i did....maxi servos are recommended.....receiver box is very small...you need to drill holes in bits of the centre drive covers where the throttle brake servo sits...the holes are to get the servo wire out into the receiver box.. this is the biggest mistake.....in the box you get wheel square adaptors like the ones used on fg.because the hurrax uses hexagonal ones..but the wheel axles are square.....just try putting that square axle through a fg,harm and so on where the hole in the wheel is round....did these guys never watch play school or have the multishaped brick set as a child....where u needed to place them through the hole of the same shape........spares are virtually non existant...and as yet there are no tuned pipes that fit it,but in about 2 weeks the pipes are supposedly available.....lol............all in all the car is VERY nice..it drives like its on rails.......check out the video of my car on www.uk.youtube.com under the name of foggyisbad......i will be adding more when i get the chance to use it again.......buy 1 ......

That is interesting thank you for the info.
Could not play the vide.

my hurrax spec,o neal race tuned 29.5cc engine,walbro 813 carb,single boost bottle with tuning block,twin multiplex digi rhino steering servos,futaba s9156 throttle/brake servo ( 24kg torque)...x can exhaust now changed back to the original as x can keeps coming undone..and im geared for max speed......gear sets are £50 for the crown drive and £30 for the pinion drive.....i have used the original zenoa 26rc engine in my leopard and its very fast,but i never used it it the hurrax...if the vid don't work like previously mentioned try www.uk.youtube.co.uk its an english site im not sure what overseas users have to type in.....then in the search section type in the name foggyisbad and the vids will show.....or you can type in likansuk269 in the search and view some of my vids of my other cars.....ps how do you add attatchments to the reply......ooops ive sorted it now...hence the edit

Attachments

• hurrax 022.jpg
    hurrax 022.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 13
  • hurrax 049.jpg
    hurrax 049.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 11
  • hurrax 055.jpg
    hurrax 055.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 15
  • hurrax 002.jpg
    hurrax 002.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks