Hurrax crypton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hopefully we got some users here because they do look good. im a member of AUSRC and they's a couple of people there who haven't had good runs with them and aftersales service isnt great from what I hear.

I picked up a Hurrax Pyrad RS and so far I am very pleased with its performance. Here are a couple videos of it at the track.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySYhVmqFXLw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySYhVmqFXLw[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd-wnZoI18g&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd-wnZoI18g&feature=related[/ame]

wow awesome vids! took a decent beating and didnt stop which is impressive.

damn that FG has got some straight line speed!

I make you right, I love the FG Baja and straight out of the box with stock cans they are fast but the turning circle is terrible compared to the Hurrax and V4.

Th eHurrax looks great and I did consider the Krypton but it has not enjoyed much good press since it's launch. There monster truck looks fabulous.

Wel I think it looks great so I bought it hehehe
I also like the monster ( best behaviour and maybe wifey will treat me to it )

thanks mate

Yes it does look well engineered
Think I will pull it to pieces and add a few more alloy parts
Love the look of it

Hi Guys
For all drivers that are interested in 4WD Hurrax Buggy. Here is some information;
Mr. Hurrax, German and DPS (Australia) racing teams have been very busy testing new parts for the Hurrax 4WD OR6 1/5 Buggy. The aim is to develop a 4WD buggy that is reliable, light weight and handles well. The new DPS OR-6 (racing version) comes factory assembled with choice of three bodies- Zynit Truggy, Crypton and the new Pyrad buggy.

Here are some of the features:

- Victory RC performance Exhaust pipe light in weigh and performs very well.
- Shocks with new light weight progressive springs (choice of 3 different springs). Rubber boots to protect the shaft and build-in volume compensator. 50 weight silicone oil for smoother dampening, new “O” ring system to prevent leakages.
(You even have options to run double shock if you like.)
- wide low profile 83mm tyres with new tread for better handling soft, medium and hard rubber.
- HPI Wheel adapters are available for wider choice of wheels and tyres.
- 3 disc brake system with ball bearings instead of bushes and extra disc for more stopping power. (DPS is developing Hydraulic system available soon)
- servo saver with ball bearings for smooth operation. (3 different springs are available)
- rear alloy hubs with Teflon bushes and choice of 0, 2 and 4 degree toe-in
- The clutch bell and gears are made from extra strong steel and 10mm shaft to withhold the toughest races and most powerful engines out there.
- Choice of titanium, Alloy and carbon fiber upgrades parts for very serious drivers.
This buggy is continually being upgraded - thanks to driver’s feedback. Driver’s feedback goes directly to the designer / manufacture and new upgrades get developed very fast.

Origin “1” Hurrax came first and third in the 2 hour endurance race and got some minor places in other events.

I drove the DPS Hurrax in the last QORLS Series for 2010. I am not the best driver in the club. For those that have seen me race in the past, know that continues repairs was always necessary to keep the car racing.
This car performed very well with minimum repairs. I won the series because of reliability and consistency.

Hurrax spare parts are reasonably price making running cost fairly cheap (check out my web site www.danielspitstop.com.au ) I think this is very important in today financial climate.

Hurrax guaranties the owners continues support and welcomes constructive criticism. This approach guaranties Hurrax owners a better Buggy with minimum expense.

For the drivers that are interested in the Hurrax Buggy I will update this thread as soon as I have some photos and new info.
Kris
DPS

Attachments

• DSCN7698.jpg
    DSCN7698.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN7711.jpg
    DSCN7711.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 31
  • th_Origin20091025_1087.jpg
    th_Origin20091025_1087.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 4659488552_6b157789d1_m.jpg
    4659488552_6b157789d1_m.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 25
Moo and Mike on the "other" forum are loving theirs. Even some talks about there being a North American distributor in the works. If Moo can drive one and not break it, that says something right there

Back