Hybrid servo!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rossco

I applied a little bit of ingenuity today.....

The stock crappy steering servo (Poplar) in my baja had all it's teeth fall out...

So I made a hybrid with the electrics from the stock one (board,trimpot,motor) and the case of a Hitec HS 5745 MG.

(the Hitec was Sperera's old one that he fried the board out of......but the gears were still like new)

So....the motor gear had to be changed over(different pitch)...
the motor slotted straight in.....

But the board doesn't fit in the case..soooo....I extended the 3 wires to the motor & the 3 for the trimpot about 4 inches...and run the board in the receiver box instead.

Works like a charm!!

It's amazing what you can come up with when you run out of folding stuff!!!

Rossco, you're so innovative.. I love doing that kind of stuff too. For me the ideas come in the evenings when the hobby shops are closed and I know i can't go buy the stuff, so i have to make it.. ;)

Chris

hi. good job... i done a similar thing with my metal geared hitec servo...it had blew... smelt electrolisis realy bad and siezed.. i had a nomal 1,,,,hs 805bb so i took all of the Plastic gears out an replaced em with my metal 1s from my burnt out servo.all i had to do was open out centre hole a mm to accept centre pin... been in there for 4 of 5 runs now,,, and been fine.....

hi. good job... i done a similar thing with my metal geared hitec servo...it had blew... smelt electrolisis realy bad and siezed.. i had a nomal 1,,,,hs 805bb so i took all of the Plastic gears out an replaced em with my metal 1s from my burnt out servo.all i had to do was open out centre hole a mm to accept centre pin... been in there for 4 of 5 runs now,,, and been fine.....

What servo was it that the metal gears came out of ?????
5745...5755 ?????

Just for future reference....as the 805 bb's are damn cheap & quite grunty.

The 805 BB is about 40 bucks cheaper than the 805 MG.....you can normally find metal gear sets for hitecs on ebay and the likes for around 15 bucks.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks