Hydro Boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigger the Better

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
NOTE: If you are the person selling these or if this is your video please do not be offended and if for some reason my thoughts are wrong please feel free to express the real truth or get us some better proof.

Now,
I have been looking into buying a boat for some time now and I happen to look at ebay quite often and came across an item with a video I thought I just had to show. To those who surf ebay you will know this is not a unique item and can be found in droves every day for sale. I try to weed through them to look at private bids but had to look at this one since it was a private bidder reselling one.
This boat in the video (If at full throttle) looks to be the most gutless boat, and shows what a cheap motor will get you. You can even hear people talk about the difficulty it has turning in the video. This video makes me feel real good on passing up those cheap alternatives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtQz...0QQitemZ110230990037QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item1

What do you boat guys think???

Looks like a 1st run with a new boat ad new driver..

Trying to make a video and needed it to run slow..

That motor wasn't even at part throttle even for a chainsaw motor..

........or, it's a complete dog!! lol

my .02 cents worth

Look again at 4:20 and 4:50 you can see the video guy is different then the driver even though it seems your on a treadmill watching it (I think its his kid)and I really do think your right its a dog.

I would say he's new to it. You can hear he's barely getting it above idle...You can't judge the engine or boat by that video, let's see it opened up..

if your new to boats ,,, its not like cars ,,, boats are picky ,,, always ajusting ,,, i like it but some do not

it dose not look like a fast boat my avenger 46 goes 50-60 mph its a rocket with a 26cc full mod engine from CC Racing :2guns:

Last edited:
if your new to boats ,,, its not like cars ,,, boats are picky ,,, always ajusting ,,, i like it but some do not

it dose not look like a fast boat my avenger 46 goes 50-60 mph its a rocket with a 26cc full mod engine from CC Racing :2guns:

Once you have set a petrol engine it's set! You normally have to re-tune nitros.
J.

I have one of these. Mine revs harder than that but it still not very fast.

I brought it because I wasn't shore if I could even run bots hear. I don't have any fresh water lakes to run in. I only have a tidal creak.

I have put a pipe on mine now but haven't had much of a run with it. I had trouble with the crappy radio and so called dry box for the receiver and servos.

To turn it you need a bit of speed but to much speed and you dig the front corner in to the water. Not really a problem with out the pipe. I also had trouble with water getting in to in side of the boat and all over the motor and stopping the motor. Not good when the wind is pushing it down the creek.

My introduction to boats was at an airport. It was pilot appreciation week in Nelson and they asked the rc guys to setup and demo. It had all kinds of rc's... Arrow lake is massive with tides and the boat guy went out with his nitro and stalled it, and it kept drifting farther and farther from shore... he was casting with a weight to snag the boat forever... we walked around and came back. he finally got it but my mind said, hey that looks like fun... umm ya. turned me away from boats unless you like swimming hehe

My introduction to boats was at an airport. It was pilot appreciation week in Nelson and they asked the rc guys to setup and demo. It had all kinds of rc's... Arrow lake is massive with tides and the boat guy went out with his nitro and stalled it, and it kept drifting farther and farther from shore... he was casting with a weight to snag the boat forever... we walked around and came back. he finally got it but my mind said, hey that looks like fun... umm ya. turned me away from boats unless you like swimming hehe

The Traxxas Nitro Vee has a "return to shore" feature... It's a little electric motor that spins the prop so you can bring it back to shore, if the motor stalls... I would imagine something like that could be integrated into the large scale stuff too...
Just a thought.
Trip..

I have a friend that races boats so I understand a bit about them... it was that first impression thing... and one thing about hydro boats and turning, is they are designed to basically be oval racers and turn one way much better than the other. I had a miss budwieser that I traded off

I like the sound of the electric motor bit. That was the problem with mine when water would get inside of the hull is would short out the motor and never near the shore. I had to get some one in a boat to go and get it one day. Not always an option though. I have learnt to drown the motor with water dispersant, DW40 or that kind of thing. It seams to have stopped that problem. I just need a better radio box and of coarse better radio.

The Traxxas Nitro Vee has a "return to shore" feature... It's a little electric motor that spins the prop so you can bring it back to shore, if the motor stalls... I would imagine something like that could be integrated into the large scale stuff too...
Just a thought.
Trip..

Yeah that's a cool setup. It has an idler gear that's mounted on a bracket that pivots on the electric return-to-shore motor shaft. When the nitro engine revs up and spins the prop shaft (and thus the return-to-shore gear), the sudden motion flips the gear out of the way. If it dies and you engage the return-to-shore electric motor, the torque flips the idler gear back over toward the gear on the prop shaft, and the electric motor then starts driving the prop shaft. Nobody else has done it, but it should be relatively easy to do. Apparently it adds noticeable weight, though.
:boat:
RTS_close_01.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks