hydro brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The FG tuning brake for the layshaft is good too and only £30. Massive improvement over stock & will lock the rears on any surface :D

you want a strong servo mate tps recomened a 8/9 kg servo for there tps layshaft set i run a savox and that does my front cables and the tps brake and throttle and it stops on a dime

For the best results you need a 3 channel radio with the brakes mixed to 90% front and 10% rear. As a basic servo I'd go for the 20kg savox, at about £60 it's a decent servo for the money.

A lot also depends on what brakes you have and if you're mounting onto an alloy or plastic front end.

only got a plastic servo tray in at the mo got alloy frount hubs on there using the 3rd ch 4 killer bee at mo

You can make a radio plate out of 3mm alloy for less than a quid with a hacksaw, drill and file so no problem there then.

If you're radio is half decent it should have a failsafe built in, you can then use the third chanel for your brakes.

I would definitely put the brakes on.

You must either replace the servo tray with a carbon or alloy one, or at least add more supports - I think you can can't you?
With a decent servo on the standard installation it will be flexing a lot.

I use the Savox 1256TG for throttle brake on my MT - that's a 20kg servo. Not that cheap but very strong and reliable.

Al.

if ya runnin hydros ya don't need a powerful servo, the only torque it needs is to physically move the arm (which is next to nothing!),the fluid applys pressure to the brake unlike mech brakes that rely on servo torque for the amount of pressure :)

I don't have hydros but would only think it would be like a cars brakes. The harder you can push the harder it will brake. If my son (small servo) pushes the brake, it will brake. But if I (big servo) push on it, it will slam.:)

Hydraulic and cable brakes alike, need a strong servo with a minimum of 15kg to work to their full potential. I've always used futaba but I've recently got a couple of the 20kg savox for my spares box just in case. I've found hydraulics to be far better than cable but some people still swear by cable brakes. IMO hydraulic brakes are easier to get right and stay right for longer.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks