Hydro Brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baggers

Hi there, I wonder if anybody can help?? I have owned a monster beetle for a few years having bought it second hand around 2006. Not used it much, but have recently decided to dust it down and upgrade it to a Beetle pro.. It came equiped with front and rear Hydro Brakes, which have been problematic to say the least. Having trawled the internet of info, I think the Front ones are KPD mk III's and the rear ones RS5. Initially some previous owner had both cylinders working off one servo, mounted on a bit of alloy bolted to the plastic radio tray. I have re-arranged them and made my own alloy radio tray, repositioning the location of the servos to locate the master cylinders in a better position. I also replaced the brake lines and cleaned everything up. Unfortunately the seals seem to be leaking on the Rear Brakes quite badly and a little on the front ones. Mainly on the fittings where the lines join the cylinders/calipers. It looks like KPD have stopped making their brakes and the RS5 brakes now look nothing like the ones I have. Is it possible to get replacement seals for these brake systems or even new components like the elbows that attach the lines to the brakes with seals on them for a reasonable price??

Cheers, Rick

I have attached a few pics. I know the alloy plate looks a bit rough, but when you are using a Jigsaw, Dremel and files.... :)

The Master Cylinders, Rear on left.

IMG_0346.jpg

Rear Caliper

IMG_0349.jpg

Front Caliper

IMG_0347.jpg

Last edited:
If they are RS5 brakes then speak to Cormac at http://maximumserviceracing.com/

If they are KP brakes then the seals should be avilable from a local bearing/seal shop - I might even have something in my box.

the red ones you say are on the back, look like the KP ones which would go with the master cylinder on the right.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks