Hydro tubing and push fittings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnas42

I have fiited up the hydros on my Baja 4wd with pnuematic push fittings and nylon tube 4mm x 2.5mm bore. This is rated at 10 bar. When looking on ebay for tubing, someone is selling the same size tube, so I guess thats ok, just a bit concerned about the push fittings, will they leak.
I haven't filled with fluid yet, just in case I'm wasting my time.
What do you reckon?

the push fittings are ok but had nothing but trouble with one on my bug's layshaft hydro it just kept poping and would lose presure so i replaced it with a metal one i found on ebay since doing that its been fine,,,my on road has all metal ones and thats the same no problems

I have festo/parker push type fittings and have had no problems on either my on or off road. You need to make sure that when you cut the tube to length you have enough tube to not bind as the suspensions moves, and that the cuts are square or they will leak. I recommend using a tube cutter

Push fitting work really well but you should use the same brand of tube and fittings.

Guys usually have problems when mixing brands or metric / imperial fittings and tubes are used.

Another tip is to cut the ends nice and square and cleanly (don't use side cutters).

I don't know what make of fitting come standard with the Magura and Mecatech brakes (little black plastic push fit 90 deg fittings and T's) but I've never had a problem with them unless they get broken.

Using Festo push fittings and tube (4mm)
I have noticed that the Mechatec fittings have a circlip under the release collar. I think this will be to stop accidental release of the tubing. The Festo push fittings don't have these, wonder if I could fit some any way, just in case.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks