hydroes on fg baja

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxy

just fitted hydroes on the front of my fg baja keeps striping the steering servo gears plastic ones have i set them up wrong or do you need a stronger steering servo ta

Your brakes shouldn't be connected to your steering servo mate, they should be on your third channel servo for front brakes or all on your throttle and brake servo.

Hope this helps mate, if not post a pic and we will sort your set up out.

Brad.

You need metal gears to be reliable but don't need the masses of torque like you do with cables. Hitec 645mg, Savox 1256 or similar will do the job nicely.

they are on a y lead onto my throttle servo work great but striping the steering servo gears as i use then when cornering

Just read again!! Stripping your steering servo gears........again I wouldnt run anything with plastic gears here either!! What are you running at the moment? I would go for a Hitec 5755mg

It sounds like your steering servo is moving as well as your brake servo? If it's plugged into a y lead it would then you've put the epa up for your brakes and are striping the gears.
You either need a separate channel or connect them to your throttle and brake servo and forget the y lead.

Brad.

Hitec 5755MG or Rhino by default for steering is what most use m8.
I've harped on about Rhinos a lot, BiggaJ on the 5755 being 'weather proofed' Rhinos, etc., ....
Throttle brake - basically what you can afford. Again I always (?? in the last 2 years I've installed 4 on various vehicles ) use Savox 1256TG servos. Stronger again are the Hitec 5955's or the LiPo compatible Savox ones ... $$$$.
That's my driving style judging by what you describe - slam on the anchors, ease a little and corner to slide the back around, but even with the thickest O-rings on the servo saver I still 'ping' the O-rings from time-to-time!!

I've fitted the connecting arms to the servo saver on the outer mounts, thus less steering lock - not quite like Lewis bulldozing around Monaco hairpins but close!!

Al.

This is very true.
Not sure where this is going myself.
It's possible the wheels are being locked before/during the steering is turned. This will put more strain on the steering servo if the wheels aren't turning.

Al.

+1 Alan..... never use plastic gears any where on these big heavy trucks:)

you cannot afford to skimp on servos or radio:w00t:

Last edited:
looks like the wheels are locking up when the steering is turned putting strain on the servo gears its the weak point in the steering

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks