I am so happy I could......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littleguy301

buy another large scale rig.

I finished putting my FG back together 2 weeks ago and have run about a gallon of fuel through it.

Man I feel great and just love running my truck.

This was the first time I completly have taken apart a large scale RC and at times I wasnt to happy but I have very few left over parts and had to do some mods. but it is running great. The parts were mostly screws and I replaced alot of them so there is no worries yet:D

I run out of money so no wheelie bar but for the most part I haven't really needed it. I got the f140 chrome DDM exhaust and like it alot but there isnt wheelies on command. The front comes off some on a flat surface but it doesn't go straight up until I am on a slight incline. Is that normal? The pipe added alot of power and the front brakes have gotten my stops under control very nice.

I still have a "old" non digital remote, JR. So still dialing that thing in.

Other than that,,,I am one happy dude doing some back yard bashing. I have marks all over my yard. O well they are fun marks I say.

Great hobby now I am looking for another large scale. 4 wheel or on road that will be the next decsion:D

Glad you're enjoying your rig.
When I fitted a DDM Dominator to my FG MT, I was made up, but many said better getting a tuned quieter pipe.
I didn't listen as I was happy with the noise, but it is too loud.
I'm now running an FG tuned pipe - half the volume, and no obvious difference in performance.

Another rig?
Do you really think you'll find enough places to run an on-road - great looking 'though they are?
If not, get a Baja of some description, or go 'HPI' (real or clone) with the 3 options 5B, 5T or 5SC.
If you still like the 1/5 look, how about 'half-way house'?
Get a rally.

Just a few ideas.
Al.

great to hear mate, its very satisfying when you give it a complete strip down and it comes together right and you get a good run out of it!

as for another toy, id suggest sticking with FG, would be the same platform, now that you know your way around the MT you will find a FG baja, stadium, Leo and even the on roads are very similar, you will have no trouble working on them. Also spares are easier as allot will be interchangable so you wont need to stock 2 differnent brands of spares.

I had a HPI for 2 weeks, sold it because I did not like the platform and found it was going to be too expensive to keep spares for both HPI and FG, so now I have two FG's :D

I was going to stay on the FG line except I kind of like some of the redcat line of stuff. I know some is kind of entry level but some look like fun.

I don't have enough space for on road and I don't have anyone around me to race them so it would be a true 1 person hobby for me.

I think any baja would be cool in 4 wheel.

With my enjoyment of the largescale I do miss some of the jumping that the smaller scale offered me.

I thought largescale, 4 wheel and I would have my cake and eat it to:D

I understand about being a bit more carefull. That is why I was thinking Redcat, they seem to be alittle bit cheaper.

Isnt the Traxx a nitro? After having one I don't want that headache anymore;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks