I broke my pull starter, suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoogity Woogums

SoI went to the park to get in some driving, pulled the starter gently on choke to get some juices flowing, un-choked, one full pull and it didn't retract. I pulled the yank off it after loosening screws and the rope pulled back in. I got this (pic below)

Replacement suggestions? It's still the stock CY 26cc engine for the baja SS

Attachments

• pull.jpg
    pull.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 11
looks like the prawl is broken.

Im pretty sure Rovan rc has one.

I think I saw one on their website for $17 bucks.
Free shipping.

I read somewhere that it is not a good idea to have metal on metal when it comes to a pull starter. Is that not the case?
all mine seem fine.:cool:..I guess sum peeps jus yank n yank on them...:rolleyes:..rather then take there time to feel whats going on....;)..every one starts there rc different...sum prime bulb then yank away reguardless.......o_O......me..prime...few slow pulls....then start....on my chkoeless ones.....:)

Would anyone here recommend the Turtle Racing V2 pull starter?
I've heard mixed reviews on the TR. For the price I can buy an awful lot of $10 throw a ways! Don't think I've been through 10 cheapies in the four years I've been playing with 1/5 scales, and they are easy to replace so I stick with the cheap 'ens.

Went through a couple cheaper one before buying the turtle. It is waaaayyyy better. The cord is a cable and the piece that usually breaks is metal and attaches to the flywheel.

I do the bulb a few times to get the gas going, two gentle pulls on choke, and one decent pull without. The first time I was trying to start it, the guy at the hobby shop was like "take it easy" and showed me how to pull it out a quarter of the way then give it a few pulls. But it's so warm up here where I live now it starts in one pull

Would anyone here recommend the Turtle Racing V2 pull starter?

Dear Gamefan,
I have a pull start museum.
I run stock Zenoah G320 RC motors.
I tried the Killer Brand steal cable, it sucks.
I have two Turtle Racing V2 pull starters, I run one on my Losi 5ive-T and another on my Vekta 5.
People have problems with blowing out the internal spring, this can be prevented.
It is all in the starting technique. Every other pull of the starter the motor will vapor lock and the second pull will pull free.
Go slow at first and you will get the feel of what I am talking about. I have not had I problem with my starters in almost two years they have paid for themselves.
P.S. Stay away from the upgrade aluminum cog for the V2, it will gall the dogs.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
AKA: 5 scale whisper Kaken Vekta 5.jpg DSCN1091.JPG

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks