i fancy a new engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renbar

ive had the oddified 23cc heli for a couple of years now,and its still running sweet as a nut,but i want more even with the vrc and red race setup so im thinking of getting a new one ive never had a brand new engine or been able to get one,,but things change,,,so time to put the little 23 in the spares box and start again before you start thinking renbars shagged his oddie wrong i just fancy a change and want more cc's and more torque its only going to be oddified so im not looking or thinking of anything else.

my first choice would have been the red top 26cc but after speaking to ian he recomended a zenoah 290 for max pulling power so im sure its going to be the one for me,,i cant think what the bugs going to go like with one of these fitted tuned properly for off road as the 23 is tuned for on road,

what do you think 26cc red top or the 29cc both are 4 bolt zens and both sound great and should run well with the red race and pipe

i think you should get a stock 2 bolt 28.5cc motor, they are powerful enough ,lol. id get oddie b28.5 for bashing but its upto you,you need to know where they will make power/rpms and what ever else thatr is important to you.
happy hunting mate
ive had the oddified 23cc heli for a couple of years now,and its still running sweet as a nut,but i want more even with the vrc and red race setup so im thinking of getting a new one ive never had a brand new engine or been able to get one,,but things change,,,so time to put the little 23 in the spares box and start again before you start thinking renbars shagged his oddie wrong i just fancy a change and want more cc's and more torque its only going to be oddified so im not looking or thinking of anything else.

my first choice would have been the red top 26cc but after speaking to ian he recomended a zenoah 290 for max pulling power so im sure its going to be the one for me,,i cant think what the bugs going to go like with one of these fitted tuned properly for off road as the 23 is tuned for on road,

what do you think 26cc red top or the 29cc both are 4 bolt zens and both sound great and should run well with the red race and pipe

its a oddie all day long mate,,its gotta be a zenoah full stop and a 4 bolt,,i think a off road tune wll be a different beast to the on road tune i run now,,,plus the extra ccs will up the torque a fair bit which is what im after,mines got good bhp at just under 6hp but the torques only around 3nm which is not all that,,ive been looking a the tps falcon 3 the power thats got will be enough i think 7.8hp and 4.8 nm of torque that will make the mofo wheelie its around the same price as a oddie,,im waiting for ian to get back to me,,if he can get close to the output of that im in,whats you thoughts on the falcon figures seem a bit high but possible plus ive allready got the red race kit so thats a small bit of cash saved plus i can sell on the 23 if i wanted to

its a oddie all day long mate,,its gotta be a zenoah full stop and a 4 bolt,,i think a off road tune wll be a different beast to the on road tune i run now,,,plus the extra ccs will up the torque a fair bit which is what im after,mines got good bhp at just under 6hp but the torques only around 3nm which is not all that,,ive been looking a the tps falcon 3 the power thats got will be enough i think 7.8hp and 4.8 nm of torque that will make the mofo wheelie its around the same price as a oddie,,im waiting for ian to get back to me,,if he can get close to the output of that im in,whats you thoughts on the falcon figures seem a bit high but possible plus ive allready got the red race kit so thats a small bit of cash saved plus i can sell on the 23 if i wanted to
hi ren, do you race, or are you a basher thru' and thru'?
a few months ago when i brought my engine, i didnt just think, ill get one of them, i watched the vids,done my homework,went to bashes and to notts and derby offroad track to see the powerful engines,and engines that seemed reliable.

i know the oddy is probably the best,or one of the best race ported engines but you should really check them all out! that falcon looks promissing.i think id like a bzm next! 28.5cc, blah,blah horsepower,but they go like a poop of a shovel,they rev to crazy heights too!( i guess i know youve already made ya mind up lol, ) i started to do abit of track time, and if i persued it i was going to run a stock 26cc then when i improved i was going to get a 26 oddi heli, but since i m sticking with bashing i went for a bashing engine.
i guess since you are buying new ,you have PIECE of mind!
whatever you will get will be beasting if youre saying you want to better the 23., if i had a choice out of the 26 and 29, id go 29,you seem to run on grass alot.is there a price difference?
i chose a 27.2cc for revs,the the LR for more revs lol for high speed stuff.
its funny ,wer go on about tunned engine this, power/rpms that, and im using my stock engine at the mo,not the ported one...

Last edited:
no mate just a basher,,,,,,i would love the bzm but its just to much ££££ so not a option,i could stick with the 23 im running im well happy with it,but feel its time for a brand new one,,i do run other surfaces its just mostly grass when we do vids,,im in talks with ian at the mo and im looking at his 29cc zenoah and his mk2 ecu,still works out a lot less than the bzm,and ian says it should have around 6.8hp give or take,but it will be a total different beast to the 2006 23cc im running now,,,which as said above is a on road spec meant for a touring car,,i like the figures off the tps falcon 3 but there just numbers on a screen,ive got a oddified it does what it says which makes things simple i don't want to try something else and be not happy with it.

the other thing to remember my 23 was built in 2006 used by ian for god knows how long then sold on,,i got it 2 years ago nearly it had 6 odd hp when new its now 6 odd years old and wont be kicking out the 6hp it had when new but it has had 6 years of use,,ive looked after it and changed the ring bearings seals ect,,its still a mental little lump and got loads of life left.thats good enough reason not to look elseware

i had the mk1 ecu fitted for a while it seemed better on the stock 23 zen than it was on the oddie 23,,so i sold it,,but the mk2 ecu looks very tempting

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks