I got my mcd rally car this weekend!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitromarc03

Hey guys I and over joyed I drove to large scale rc this weekend with my baja 5b and a good friend of mine, I had a great time on their tracks and all the folks @ large scale are great very nice people, while I was there I picked up a mcd comp rally car with 29cc engine, will post picks soon, whats the best first hop up my buddy sold me a tuned pipe as he has the mcd rally as well.

Congrats on the purchase of your new car, these things are a blast to drive. As far as the hop ups are concerned I would look into getting a alloy gear carrier and the alloy bearing carriers... I would also consider getting all metal gears. Post up some pics of your car when you get a chance. Heres a pic of my cars.

Attachments

• shawn and tammy pics 2010 032.jpg
    shawn and tammy pics 2010 032.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 45
Congats too, seems like I am not the only one with 2 mcd rallies.
Tuned pipe makes a big differences as long as you pick the right one for you needs.
Samba 3 -good bottom to mid end performance
RN Bullit- as above but with more power
Samba F1- good mid and v.good top end (I stuck with this one for on-road racing)
There are different alloy gear carriers available and most of the info has been covered on the mcdrc.com forum. Have a read up at least that way you will understand any fitment issues/concerns with steel gears and aftermarket parts.

Ticky

@ nitromarc03 - I didn't even realize thay was you here over the weekend. I was in & out of the shop while Troy was assisting you. I didn't look to see what you had purchased. There is NO doubt that you'll love that car. They are Amazing.

Hey looker its a small world we were in the same area and did not know, may well met at the next open run this month, yep took the leap and added one more car to my stable the rally car by mcb my friend loves his and yes its very fast and built like a tank, my bajas are a blast to drive as well stay in touch and burn as much as fuel as you can.
nitromarc

my mcd rally v3 pics

Hey guys I and over joyed I drove to large scale rc this weekend with my baja 5b and a good friend of mine, I had a great time on their tracks and all the folks @ large scale are great very nice people, while I was there I picked up a mcd comp rally car with 29cc engine, will post picks soon, whats the best first hop up my buddy sold me a tuned pipe as he has the mcd rally as well.
well its getting warm so now its time to get started back on my mcd rally car .

Attachments

• 03 19 2011 mcd plus more 047.jpg
    03 19 2011 mcd plus more 047.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 03 19 2011 mcd plus more 048.jpg
    03 19 2011 mcd plus more 048.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 48
mcd rally comp v3

Heres some pics of my mcd rally comp car from lsrc, hope you enjoy as much as I.
nitromarc

Attachments

• mcd 3 22 11 001.jpg
    mcd 3 22 11 001.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 32
  • mcd 3 22 11 002.jpg
    mcd 3 22 11 002.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
woow some awesome looking cars i love the bodies on both cars

my next car is either a mcd onroad or a hpi baja 5t :) will be keeping the fg tho lol

mcd rally & rrv4

Hey subby thanks much glad you like them, I hope running them in goes well, burn as much fuel as you can, you will love that hpi 5t their great.
nitromarc:w00t:

its ok tbh i hate the breaking part lol :(

yeh ive owned a hpi baja before so i have some knowlege how the 5t will turn out ive even used a couple and i liked it so i know what im getting into there great cars and massive :w00t:

thanks man

You bet subby I have three bajas two 5bs and a 5t, they are huge and very fast.
nitromarc

spot on! they are pretty quick ive just got the one at the moment the mt running sweet broke a hub lost night smacked it over the curb :(

the good thing is i brought mine used so it was already broken it :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks