i think i just fell in love lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.niceguy

so after a split with my gf of 1 year i started talking to a new girl recently.We started talking about what we like to do for fun so i mention about 1/5 scale cars and how i am getting into planes. I was so surprised when she responded with that is so cool i would love to try it one day exc. Every other girl I have ever talked to about my hobby thinks its alright but you can tell by the look on there face they aren't very interested in it. so how about you guys? is your partner supportive in your hobby? or they really don't care until they see the bank statements lol :):lol::lol:

Mine told me it's either stop spending money on RC cars or she was going to leave me
So I bought two more for kids and started taking them to the races with me she lied and did not leave for three more years
But on the bright side we were Raceing and haveing fun
When she did leave the kids stayed with me and we have raced for 20+ years
But sad to say all the girl friends after have only put up with it for a short time the RC cars
And now I'm old and alone with no one in my life kids are grown up and gone
Just got back from east coast nationals and hookers don't care what you do as long as they get paid

Last edited:
My wife is not interested in my hobby at all. BUT she encourages me to do what I love for fun! She will listen to me rave or rant about some new kit or upgrade as I listen to her do the same about work or family.... It's all about balance. And most of the time when I want to spent a little extra time with my RCs she will tell me "Go play!"

Yup she's a keeper.

i had to lol about the hookers. They just want the green :). i wish i had a father who was into this stuff when i was really young. I'm only 23 so i guess i still have pleanty of time to enjoy the hobby.i really don't understand why women ever threaten to leave someone over something like a hobby. as long as the bills get payed and you spend some time with them everyone needs a little bit of me time. And shau your right a relationship is all about balance in life.

Lucky mo foes is all I got to say haha, wife threatened to leave simply because I was going to deploy to Afghanistan, let alone a hobby haha I'm still working on that balance with wife but she's just not grasping the concept. I say you've found a keeper because surely the balance is more easily found when there's common interests just don't get tooooooooooo competitive down the road :-D

Lucky mo foes is all I got to say haha, wife threatened to leave simply because I was going to deploy to Afghanistan, let alone a hobby haha I'm still working on that balance with wife but she's just not grasping the concept. I say you've found a keeper because surely the balance is more easily found when there's common interests just don't get tooooooooooo competitive down the road :-D
a keeper indeed :) does your wife have any hobbys? i think most of the time people who complain about other people spending time doing things mean they don't have anything in particular they like to do for fun.

My wife doesn't really have any hobbies...she likes the usual "girl stuff", reading, gardening, etc...I am very lucky to not only have a wife that is way too pretty for me, but also let's me actually enjoy my hobby. She doesn't gripe about the money too much, let's me "go play", doesn't mind "the boys" being over working on stuff with me, etc.
I think by comparison to some of her friends' husbands, she realizes there are much worse things that some men are out doing, so for me and my buddies to go play with toys...she's all for it.
This approach might work for some of you out there with tensions between your wife and your hobby...remind her you're staying young at heart, and staying out of trouble!

My wife doesn't really have any hobbies...she likes the usual "girl stuff", reading, gardening, etc...I am very lucky to not only have a wife that is way too pretty for me, but also let's me actually enjoy my hobby. She doesn't gripe about the money too much, let's me "go play", doesn't mind "the boys" being over working on stuff with me, etc.
I think by comparison to some of her friends' husbands, she realizes there are much worse things that some men are out doing, so for me and my buddies to go play with toys...she's all for it.
This approach might work for some of you out there with tensions between your wife and your hobby...remind her you're staying young at heart, and staying out of trouble!

Amen to that. A lot better then being at the bar or out at strip club like some married men.

Jane got that much of it from me that she now knows what all the parts are(in a fashion).
I remember when I started on the fifth scale ,she used to ask,"how much did that cost?" I always said I got it for buttons ....then she sttared looking at the prices of the stuff I bought on the net and said " all these years you have bought parts for those cars I should have put a naught onto the end of every price you have told me" In the end she wanted to see what came through the door!:lol::lol::lol:
Now she doesn't bother,she just buys me stuff for birthdays ,Christmas etc,....in her words...." If it makes you happy"....didn't say anything to her about the 6' ,21 year old blonde woman I want for my next birthday?:rolleyes:

J

I bought my wife a Grave Digger about 3 years ago for Easter. I had my original TMaxx sitting in a basement closet and realized it was time to fix or sell. I fixed it along with my MRC I bought in '96 and fixed a Rustler my older brother found for 5 bucks. The kids and I were starting to play and the wife came out and gave it a try. She got tired of me getting onto her about beating my old MRC, and she said she wanted one she could beat on. What's cooler than Grave Digger? She doesn't geek out like I do on RC, she just wants it fast and durable. She still plays some but not as much as we did that summer. Now she does Pintrest or some crap that keeps me busy lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks