Ideas for mounting dynamite kill switch.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what rig? That's gunna play a roll on who will show you
Yeah that may help! Baja 5b. Radio box seems too cramped with excess wire and battery size, so was seeing what solutions everyone else had come up with.

It fits. Take your time. Good going in and out of that box doesn’t need to happen when the battery needs a charge.

There is a battery box extension. I think chase sells it. I seen it on Ddm.
Cheers, I'll look around for the extension. It's just that the dynamite is quite big. Also have a voltage reducer in there as well.

you can cut a little nick into the radio box to make room for the wiring... just enough to have the failsafe circuit board sticking outside the box?
but yeah if you organize the wires and like ziptie them neatly.... it should have plenty of room inside either way.

Could i bother you guys for some Baja 5b pics of the kill switch wire routing? I would like to get the wire from the coil to the battery box but i was a little short lol. Thank you all for your time =)

Could i bother you guys for some Baja 5b pics of the kill switch wire routing? I would like to get the wire from the coil to the battery box but i was a little short lol. Thank you all for your time =)
I ended up with a hilantrics after another dynamite fail. Changed my radio to one who's reciever can handle 9v so I don't need the reducer. And made a little window like in a PC case to see status. Not sure if any of this helps.... Mine goes through the chassis under the f/tank into the rad box. I'd just solder an extension if your wires aren't long enough. Hope any of this makes sense/help.

Attachments

• 20230202_071150.jpg
    20230202_071150.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230202_071111.jpg
    20230202_071111.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230202_071124.jpg
    20230202_071124.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230202_070934.jpg
    20230202_070934.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 17
I ended up with a hilantrics after another dynamite fail. Changed my radio to one who's reciever can handle 9v so I don't need the reducer. And made a little window like in a PC case to see status. Not sure if any of this helps.... Mine goes through the chassis under the f/tank into the rad box. I'd just solder an extension if your wires aren't long enough. Hope any of this makes sense/help.
I can't thank you enough man! This exactly what I needed, I'll be copying what you did, I'm leaving work early to go install it right now, how did it fail? Mine seems to work perfectly. Thanks again for taking the time to take pictures and everything, thank you thank you

Don't know exactly. Maybe vibration? It's not the first I've heard fail. On the plus side the hilantronics are half the size.

Wouldn't run a dynamite kill switch if it was the last one on planet earth. Had nothing but issues with them in my dbxl. Switched to a killer rc switch and never had problems since.
I'm sorry to hear that man, I got mine installed and working great so far, BUT if I use a lipo it acts up, I run nimh and it works very well

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks