Ideas for my next few upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyline373

Just thought I'd get some feedback on what you guys think my next upgrades should be. Anything seem problematic on the mega beetle? I've done the upgraded clutch bell, the alloy clutch bell holder. Also pipe and air cleaner and two 5755's as well as a 5k hump pack battery.

So I ask guys, what's next?

Just thought I'd get some feedback on what you guys think my next upgrades should be. Anything seem problematic on the mega beetle? I've done the upgraded clutch bell, the alloy clutch bell holder. Also pipe and air cleaner and two 5755's as well as a 5k hump pack battery.

So I ask guys, what's next?

Have you had this long ? There are loads that you can upgrade to alloy. Are you a basher or a racer, ? are you into jumps, or big jumps :D

Ive found the front axle mounts are the weak point in my beetle, there plastic, all of my front end is plastic, as i have found over the years once you cange a part to alloy and you take a serious hit its bent, i.e. needs a new one if it cant be straightend out etc. I like the plastic for this reason, The FG plastic is very forgiving and flex's as it needs too.

If your going for the bling look, then its down to your budget :D
Alloy hubs are a good change if your planning front brakes.

Same with the gears, i always run a plastic spur while the Pinion, lay and diff are steel, i.e. the spur gear is "the week point" - cheap to replace if it strips, that said (touch wood) ive never stripped any :lol:
Alloy or carbon radio tray is always a good upgrade - will help under braking

Street. :D

I agree with most of what Mr Streetwise says but I'll add that in my opinion, a reliable car will last longer than a fast car - therefore I'd have everything from the engine back in alloy, alloy front hubs/uprights as some call them. Good quality servos are a must, I'd always use 1 for throttle/rear brake, 1 for front brakes and 1 or 2 for the steering (I'd never use a kill switch or fail safe for racing as IMHO they can cause probelms).
Think very carefully about the engine you choose, do you want a popular bashers engine then they'd advise you better but otherwise I'd be looking for an engine tuner with world class race pedigree such as Oddified or hobbycentre engines - AND ALWAYS USE THE CORRECT OIL/FUEL MIX WITH QUALITY OIL!!!!!!!!!!
If you're bashing I don't think alloy threaded shocks are a must have unless you get then dirt cheap, steer clear of all these gear covers, shock covers and pull start covers because all they do is trap stones and crap IN rather than keeping stuff out.

Hope this help

Mike

Thanks for all the advice guys. That's why I ask. As for my driving style think more bashing then racing. I just want a good reliable rig, I like plastic cause it's cheap to replace on the front end at least so I'll leave that be. I like the ideas though guys, keep them coming as any advice is always appreciated.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks