If it's to good to be true,,,,,,,""""""

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic-1

Build Thread Contributor
I just have to investimagate this quandry 🤪😳 has anyone here been contacted by sales reps or anybody like that , and asked to participate in a study on stuff !? I was contacted by a rep. That has given me several inside moves on back order stuff and unbelievable deals on a few smaller electric products in the past 5 years , this guy e mailed me , and asked if I own a Arrma infraction , surprisingly it's the only Arrma rig I don't have ( kinda ) , he asked if I would be interested in buying this truck , Wich by the way , it's a $700 , 70mph drift truck , for $375 and participate in a study of overheating it on purpose ,with a 19t pinion gear and recorded time it takes and temps as it happens , he gave me a reference # to verify his contacts , Wich I did and it's all good , I got a answer from horizon hobby promotions team , so I sent my first payment on this thing just because it's cool to have friends to play with 🤣 , anybody done this stuff

I didn't ask for any of this , I've been a customer and friends with a guy here in Spokane that has been a hobby town owner for 30 years or so , and the guy that contacted me is his sales rep , I've been told to never mention names so I try not to , but folks ,,,, how many people on the planet have a brand new Draco plane sitting in the box in there shop ,,,,,,I DO ! ! BUT I won't be flying that thing till my flying buds tell me I'm good enuff , guys if you haven't tried flying you gotta , wow what a blast

My buddy did helis too, I couldn't get into flying machines, they also can get very costly quick with no experience🤣. Some of the mini jet vids they have on youtube with FP googles are pretty impressive, I couldn't imagine flying one of them.
But for Relic I think that's a sweet deal brother. I'd do it. Test their goods give reviews even if not free atleast a heavy discount is fair. It is only a choice to participate, not an obligation? I see no harm trying tame your the rc addiction🤑🤣

Last edited:
That is awesome Relic! I don't have much luck getting deals on stuff to test so that is awesome. As for flying...it is a blast. I did it backwards...did helicopters first then some basic planes. I loved flying helicopters but just too darn expensive. I started w Trex 500 then went to the Trex 700E. Then traded that for an amazing Trex 600N. That was my go to bird for years. Never did much 3D. Just light aerobatics. Rolls, flips, highspeed bank turns and flying inverted. Was so fun. Crash costs suck as its usually at minimum $200 bucks if it goes down on the bigger birds. After I blew my OS engine and having any hobby shop that sells nitro heli fuel close up within 175 miles each way...sealed the fate. I really want to get into duct fan jets. There are some beautiful scale A-10 Thunderbolts and F-16s in the Thunderbirds configuration I would love to fly! Just have not flown for a long while now...so need to get another basic plane just to get stick time in again. Just no time.....

Ya , that's we're I'm at , I'm on my fourth patch job on my apprentice , not expensive to fix , have a nose dive problem on launching ,trying to figure that out as we speak , I talked to my hobby town friend today , he said OH YA ! I was sposed to tell you about that and forgot ,,,,,FORGOT !! jeeze ! He said it's a study for the stuff they send to Australia , and sending it to trustworthy antique Americans I geuss , is cheaper and they actually get results reported back to them , so I geuss it's nothing new , just another fortunate thing in life thanks to my miracle man surgeon 🤣😂😁 not kidding life is good , and everyday is a gift ! And so is a half price I fraction , Wich by the waynis half paid for already by selling some x Max parts yesterday ,so somebody is dealing me a good hand and I'm gunna play it out !!

Dear God Help GIF by The Burbs Comedy

That is awesome Relic! I don't have much luck getting deals on stuff to test so that is awesome. As for flying...it is a blast. I did it backwards...did helicopters first then some basic planes. I loved flying helicopters but just too darn expensive. I started w Trex 500 then went to the Trex 700E. Then traded that for an amazing Trex 600N. That was my go to bird for years. Never did much 3D. Just light aerobatics. Rolls, flips, highspeed bank turns and flying inverted. Was so fun. Crash costs suck as its usually at minimum $200 bucks if it goes down on the bigger birds. After I blew my OS engine and having any hobby shop that sells nitro heli fuel close up within 175 miles each way...sealed the fate. I really want to get into duct fan jets. There are some beautiful scale A-10 Thunderbolts and F-16s in the Thunderbirds configuration I would love to fly! Just have not flown for a long while now...so need to get another basic plane just to get stick time in again. Just no time.....
Did the heli thing had a Trex E600 3D flyer ,I learned of a simulator but ended up crashing in a 40ft tree next to a lake. Had to climb the tree to get it down spent $200 in damages. I got it fixed and sold it immediately decided to stick to rc cars

Well ,,,,,, so much for the title of my thread here , kinda in shock , and they sent a couple extra pinion gears , I can tell the box has been opened , but every thing is in great shape , don't think it's been run or anything tires brand new , no burned off rubber inside where it would be , so ,,,, on with the experiment stuff !

Attachments

• IMG_20210709_155736.jpg
    IMG_20210709_155736.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 5
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks