If you own XCR do this!!

Thread starter #1
I never liked how broke felt on this car. And the problem wasn't the servo since I used spek S9020 for throttle and steering.

When I tested I could see the radio tray and the center diff mount getting pulled together by the servo and it never had that HARD braking point.

Now that I put a blocker between the radio tray and the diff mount, the braking is massive better. The hydraulic brakes now "feel" like they're supposed to. They can now be controlled to do light breaking and hard lock braking.

The biggest problem is that the radio tray is not stiff enough.

I haven't used screw to hold it down, but I may have to later if these fall off. They're held by gorilla glue.

abea51dfdab7041a00200d0c20b51d16.jpg 4d6e1a8072611c8861e57d6f0ed9c06e.jpg 2e44c74e7af24d5224c6dd71cd9b16db.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

t2boats

Was wondering what bond you used, ya can just about see it between the faces of the block and plate. You'll have me checking my largescales now for any movement like that when I have time at home!

evssv

the losi 5ive has crazy tray flex..:eek:..so most fit the rock brace......or similar thing.....so much better once fitted and u can actually use them as intended...:D..silver bit round the servo here...
20180113_192720
by evssv, on Flickr
pushes against the center diff mounts to stop it all flexing.....

deeds97

I never liked how broke felt on this car. And the problem wasn't the servo since I used spek S9020 for throttle and steering.

When I tested I could see the radio tray and the center diff mount getting pulled together by the servo and it never had that HARD braking point.

Now that I put a blocker between the radio tray and the diff mount, the braking is massive better. The hydraulic brakes now "feel" like they're supposed to. They can now be controlled to do light breaking and hard lock braking.

The biggest problem is that the radio tray is not stiff enough.

I haven't used screw to hold it down, but I may have to later if these fall off. They're held by gorilla glue.

View attachment 44923 View attachment 44924 View attachment 44925
What did you use for the spacers, is it plastic?