Initially motor starts, after running, it doesn't start....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strider1

Greetings fellas;
I just got a 4wd FG sportsline....it started, I let it idol 15min, waited a 1/2hr, started it again, running it mildly (putt putting in driveway) for 15min, waited another 1/2hr, started again and ran 1/2 throttle for another 15min...with no issues.
Now it won't start, unless I go through the de-flooding process of removing the carb, which it does on Q, starts, runs up quite quickly and dies as it should. Then I can put it back together and start it....run it....and shut it off....but it won't restart after the run.....unless I de-flood it again....
So I decided to swap carbs with my 5T.....does the same thing...
WTF....lol....am I doing something incorrectly? Or is it that I need to adjust the infamous low needle until it starts up regularly?
I love the car, just would love it more if I could get it to start up regularly?
I've read all the tuning posts, and am at a loss....any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

Could be a faulty spark plug. Try a CR7HIX/CR8HIX instead, I am guessing you are running your engine to rich and the CMR plugs in my experience get messed up quickly by that.

Hello Mr. fnisse,
Spark plugs were/are good....I agree ran to rich.....dialed back the carb needles...and wah la....
Start up regularly now.....
Many thanks for the advise

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks