Input on Rovan Buggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokinwheel

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
Does anyone have any input on this. Just for 1706489037456.pngor a basher vehicle. Have others but looking for what do we call it? A daily driver.

1/5 Scale 290Q Gas Q-Baja Buggy Ready To Run 29cc (Shorty)​

Well I fell over the edge once again.
Looks decent for the price , actually cheaper than the Axial crawler I just ordered.
The 10% off , free shipping and no sales tax sent me off the deep end.

And it is from fearless RC about 1 1/2 hours south of me. Ordered yesterday and will be here today. A little bit of a surprise with that part of it.
Stupid hobby. LOL

I had one .
Fitted twin wheel wheely bar and rovan 36 into it .
Could not keep front wheels on the ground , huge fun , eventually put a longer chassis on it and SC truck body.
Kept all the parts as I may want to change it back at some time as it was so much fun to drive.

I had one .
Fitted twin wheel wheely bar and rovan 36 into it .
Could not keep front wheels on the ground , huge fun , eventually put a longer chassis on it and SC truck body.
Kept all the parts as I may want to change it back at some time as it was so much fun to drive.
Thats what I like to hear.

Looks good Bud, hopefully she's hang together for you, have fun, I want another 1/5 to add to my stable, but having trouble saving my pennies,
Buying my first house next month, hoping to get it a bit cheaper than advertised price, so I can get another rig
Wish me luck 🤞

Looks good Bud, hopefully she's hang together for you, have fun, I want another 1/5 to add to my stable, but having trouble saving my pennies,
Buying my first house next month, hoping to get it a bit cheaper than advertised price, so I can get another rig
Wish me luck 🤞

Good luck with the house.
A big step in life , hope it all goes smooth for you.

Does anyone have any input on this. Just for View attachment 91677or a basher vehicle. Have others but looking for what do we call it? A daily driver.

1/5 Scale 290Q Gas Q-Baja Buggy Ready To Run 29cc (Shorty)​

I've seen it in person, on the shelf @Fearlessrc, but I haven't seen it in action. Beefy sucker that's for sure. I'm not a 2wd person.....just yet.

This is my first two-wheel drive.
It came yesterday and other than a quick look out of the box it looks decent.

Not expecting it to be comparable to a name brand but for a basher it looks like fun.
It reminds me of an oversize Traxxas Nitro Rustler.

Going to try and run some fuel through it this weekend and at least break it in.
When I get some time on it, I will give an update,

Check the bolts are tight and threadlocked : I lost 2 out of the rear chassis plate joint , then get some wider hubs on it and replace the single wheely bar with a double to stop it falling one way or the other .
I fitted a twin exit exhaust coz it looks sooo cool , as I said , 36 engine makes it super wheely machine , loads of fun for the money.

Thanks.
I think I can handle that. Haven’t had time to do anything with it yet so hopefully this weekend I’ll at least get it fired up and broken in.

Just looking at your pictures on computer instead of phone. Now I can see a little better.

That pipe is killer! Where can I get one of those??
Going to see if I can get a second wheel or I can make my own. Have to see what is easier.
Either way I would have to add some lightening holes in the wheels to give it some character.

Thanks for the pictures , they will probably help me spend more money.

Hi.
There were some for sale on the bay, mine had the wrong angle on the header plate , so I got a big reduction and made an alloy wedge spacer on my mill to correct angle . works fine. try on Alli express , loads on there .

Thanks.

Another guy with a mill. Awesome.
I am so lucky to have pretty much any machine at my disposal between my two jobs and home shop.

I will have to do a little homework on a pipe.

I have 3 Myford lathes and a dore Westbury mill in my home workshop , I machine model steam engines from castings.
Have CNC centre at work too , but usually too busy.
Nice . I teach a class and the project we do is a simple steam engine.
Basic training so the kids learn how to use lathes and mills safely and produce a nice part. They seem to enjoy it.

Also access to multiple CNC machines , water-jet and laser cutter 3D printers.
Great stuff.

I am always working on something.
Just started making a Demon V8 model engine to help keep my skill set in order.
Pretty involved but something I can do at work in my off time.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks