Installing 2-Speed Trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnorman367

I am installing the 2-speed and having trouble. The clutch bell is not engaging and just spins, what is the cause.

Second, I forgot how the stock brake system was set-up is there any instructions, schematic, CAD out there to help me?

Thanks,

Matt

are your pinion grub screws tight ?
the brake is connected threw the spur gear layshaft , the square goes threw the brake pad . sorry my help is useless i just need to do it .. its pretty simple just giver a go and work thing out you'll get it once you start pluggin away at it :)
good luck

are your pinion grub screws tight ?
the brake is connected threw the spur gear layshaft , the square goes threw the brake pad . sorry my help is useless i just need to do it .. its pretty simple just giver a go and work thing out you'll get it once you start pluggin away at it :)
good luck

Agreed, sometimes you just have to just have to jump in and do it.

After a couple a months you will have taken it apart and put it back together so many times you will be able to do it in your sleep. :)

Last edited:
So is the 2-Speed a fairly high-maintenance upgrade for the FG MT's or is it just requiring constant tuning to keep in performing?

I've been considering buying the upgrade, but everyone that gets it seems to have a heck of a time getting it installed and running!

I have just installed a two speed with metal pinions and found it not to bad for installation. Basically it's been in for about 2 bash sessions and so far have destroyed a 50 tooth diff gear, two diff drive cups and one spur. I have noticed that the truck does travel quiet a bit faster and when you wipe out more things tend to get broken, after saying the above I have not had any trouble with the two speed.... touch wood.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks