Insulator mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigger the Better

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
Other then upgrading to the alloy insulator do you think this will help or at least not hinder performance?
The Inside of the insulator as everyone is finding out is not the same size as the carb so, I thought I would take a dremel widened the insulator to the size of the carb and remove some of the molding ridges in the inside then polished. Here are some photos of what I did.

Before:

DSC03655.jpg
DSC03656.jpg
DSC03651.jpg
DSC03649.jpg
DSC03654.jpg

After:

DSC03658.jpg
DSC03657.jpg
DSC03653.jpg
DSC03652.jpg

Last edited:
as long as it still seals up it should be fine. and i would think it would help somewhat anyways.

Gasket and port matching is what that is called,on larger engines to maximize airflow this is commonly done. Like stated above, make sure the gasket isn,t restricting the flow. Quality controll is #1 but not everyone knows that.

How well did this work?

It was too cold to break it in yet, I will be soon I hope but looks like snow moving in again - And just when it started to melt.:no:

as long as it still seals up it should be fine. and i would think it would help somewhat anyways.
The gasket was bigger and matched what I did without trimming.:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks