Insurance rip off!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
Another insurance rip off. I bought a poopy 125cc off roader to gain some experience for a bigger bike. It was a cat c with just the lights broken and the clocks.After a web trip to Banggood and other Chinese site and £100 ish I had the bike on the road.
I had a quote from Bennettes bike insurance for £214.00!!!!!...Needed to get it on the road so bought the policy.
That was back in August.
I have just been on one of those compare sites and the same company just quoted me £75.00!!!! WTAF!
Cancelled one policy and took the new one out....WINNER! ;)

J

Same bike but not mine.................https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=h...UICSgC&biw=1242&bih=580#imgrc=GgyQEBXrFa6LWM:

Nice ride, all insurance con panes have their had out . .. Good move doing some shopping (even if it was with your existing company.. )

Its crazy Chris, they quote you what they want to. I had a Yamaha RD 350LC when I was a kid (30 odd years ago) but need to have a bit more road experience to get my big bike as I said but the first policy was ridiculous. I was only paying £ 160.00 ish on a 330 BHP Mazda ,fully comp with my missus as a named driver!
J

I've used the same 'broker' for years for my 1:1, and they call me to 'discuss renewal', plus send a letter with 'renewal price' - it's never competitive and always easy to find similar / better cover for 15% or more less.

I use the comparison sites - at least 2 - and get quotes, then call them up, listen to them try to sell me the inflated cover, ask them how 'important' I am to them, then start feeding them my information ... so far they've always become competitive.
Better the Devil you know, to some extent, but why make life so difficult?

They obviously rely on 'Average Joe' not doing any homework - that really isn't fair and should be considered bad practice, surely!
If they really wanted to keep me, even have some historic which advises, YES, I do homework, then call me with a fair offer!
Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks