Integy Two-Speed Transmission?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbyrd47119

Hello all!

I'm still newish to the 1/5 scale so please stick with me on what may be a dumb question.

There are several makes of two speed transmissions for this car and I don't want to give the impression I am looking for the biggest or best. So with that in mind, is the Integy 2-speed a sufficent brand?

Thanks for your time,
Justin

Hi Justin, you'll need to get a reply from somebody who has actually used the transmission.
I have lots of 1/8 and 1/10 experiences of Integy, and few of them are good!
It does appear they can make some very good parts as well, so you never know.
Al.

the integy 2-speed is a clone trans repackaged for integy, the problem is that if you get a defect expect to wait forever for them to help you, my local hobby shop has a bin full of parts that need to be replaced due to defect or just made wrong and integy does not respond to email and they have no phone to call direct.
i suggest look to another brand that better parts support and customer service

I use the integy 2 speed and yes integy customers service is the worst in fact its none exist it I have used quit of very integy parts and its hit or miss with there parts. The 2 speed I have has worked great so far I have had to just replace the 2 speed bearing in it so I did not need any customer service for that but for the price I have not had any problems with it at all.

Thanks for everyones response! I suppose I may need to find somrthing other than integy. Is there a relatively inexpensive but not "cheap?"

For $10 more than integy/km/rovan ($170), I would be taking a look at the 2 speed from GTB Racing. Apparently their design doesn't use pawls on the clutches which was a problem with the integy/km/rovan 2 speeds. They also have a 3 speed for $230. Im ordering the 2 speed next month. I couldn't justify the 3 speed unless im gonna drive wearing binoculars...or in a BIG circle.

After 5 gallons of MX track abuse my OWB finally gave up on my KM 2 speed but that was a cheap $30 repair other than that everything is in good shape. I can't imagine a 3 speed even with a 2 speed you never wind it out fully for very long.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks