International Race Meeting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike1970

Click here for detail http://www.nenevalleyraceway.co.uk/?page=EFRA2011

This will be one of the biggest largescale race meetings of the year and is held at the same venue as the 2012 European championships. Nenevalley raceway is in Northampton next door to the world famouse Santa pod drag strip.
It will be well worth coming if only to watch to see some of the best largescale off road racing drivers, you can also pick up new & used parts and tips from the drivers based in the UK and Europe.

Well I've just booked in :w00t::w00t:

Like Mike says well worth going if it only to watch, friday consists of timed practice, saturday is qualifying, followed by a live band and a hog roast:D.
Sunday is the finals and prize giving.

My car is in bits at the mo, just having a fettle prior to this one, got a few more ideas to try out, see if I can get a touch more pace ;)

If any of you do come along make sure to come say hello :)

Bring a tent and camp, it can be quite a giggle :w00t:

www.nenevalleyraceway.co.uk

Matt

Mine is almost ready. It's all cleaned, just got to check all electrics, the bearings & swivel pins, check all the bolts, new ring and gasket then I'm done.

I'm looking forward to this meeting so much, it'll be a right good grin and a great chance to catch up with the European guys including Laszlo from Modelcargo/Samba.

All the major maufacturers will be represented in one way or another for spares and tech info.

Roll on thursday 19/5/2011 at about 18.00, beer in hand by 18.05

Forgot to say that it's free to get in for spectators. If you do come to watch you'll have full access to the pit area where you can talk to the drivers, distributors and manufacturers, find out whats hot and whats not, see what bits the racers use and have the chance to see what goes into the whole racing thing.

Not long now, the good weather has been booked, the fire is ready for the hog roast, the track is looking great - can't bloody wait for this one.

All I've got to do is build my car.

Well we are obviously back from our weekends jolly :w00t:

And how did we do, I'll give my own account and no doubt mike will post.

Friday practice arrived and I spent the afternoon doing the usual playing with tyres, springs and oil, and all the other adjustments, the car felt nice and balanced.

Saturday arrives and qualifying starts ... man was I nervous, I don't know why tbh, done this hundreds of times.So nervous I couldn't drive properly without making mistakes :(
In heat 3 I had a great race with Rene, one of the dutch guys i've known a long time, and this relaxed me I think, then in heat 4 I put a decent time in, which left me 8th overall going into the finals, considering the mistakes I'm beginning to think i've got half a chance:w00t:

Sunday dawns and after a sumwhat blowy night in the tent, its time for the finals, I was straight in the semi's, with the top 5 from each to go to the main final.

Albert from Holland I think spun or maybe touched another car, I managed to run wide and avoid this, to put myself in 3rd spot behind Ian Oddie and Dave Bowen, about 5 seconds adrift, all I had to do was go steady to secure a place in final, we where driving away from the pack and I was happy and relaxed, no need to try and challenge dave a third was more than enough.
To my horror my exhaust started blowing big time - I hadn't put the spring back on after yesterdays maintainance :eek: .. then it dropped off and it was game over, I was called in by the Ref, we did a quick fix but i'd lost 3 laps, at that level you got no chance to make it back up .. but I did try :lol:

So overall its a case of what could have been, nearly was etc.However to take a positive the BX-3 was well on the pace, and i'm looking forward to the next National at Sweetnap raceway in frome :w00t:

You've forgotten to mention the insane parties every night, the hog roast and the band (ok lets forget that bit lol).
I didn't do as well as Matt for a number of reasons, mainly because I was trying to stick with 1 tyre manufacturer - GRP, and to be honest, it didn't go that well. I qualified 18th overall putting me in P3 of the 1/4a final (top 3 go up to the semi) I made it through to the semi final where a combination of not pushing hard enough, too many mistakes and the tyres meant I didn't get through to the A final (least I finished the run though :D). A bloody good weekend and I learned poop loads about the car.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks