Irp servo link on steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bajaripper912

I just want to here some peoples opinion on having a metal servo rod then plastic. Only reason why im asking is my savox servo burnt out and im kinda wondering if it was the irp arm that over worked just assumption thou not sure thou. Just want to hear opinions thanx

Servo was only 2months old with a handleful of runs on it and epa were set correctly and was running 2s lipo if anybody needs to no thanx

My main truck has a Hitec SGT1000 on steering and Hitec 845 on throttle. My back up has an 845 on steering and a stock Losi throttle servo. My running buddies all tried Savox, all now have Hitec 845s, and we have had a few of the 845s take dirt naps but they seem to hold up better than the Savoxs.

My SGT1000 has countless gallons of fuel through it also. I did send it in to MODspeedshop this spring due to gear slop, it came back tighter than a virgin honey pot. Four years of hard racing and still strong like bull!

I just want to here some peoples opinion on having a metal servo rod then plastic. Only reason why im asking is my savox servo burnt out and im kinda wondering if it was the irp arm that over worked just assumption thou not sure thou. Just want to hear opinions thanx

Servo was only 2months old with a handleful of runs on it and epa were set correctly and was running 2s lipo if anybody needs to no thanx
One time I replaced the servo link to the steering bell crank and I kept stripping servo gears so I replaced some other pics and kept stripping more gears I finally got fed up I slowly started putting everything back to stock it turned out to be the aluminum servo arm to steering bell crank if I where you whatever you changed on the steering side put it back stock ..... so yes it could be that arm

Makes me wonder if the issue with Savox servos is pushing them to their max voltage(7.4v). Seems everyone that burns them out is running 2s. Im running 7.2v nimh and haven't had a glitch in over 2yrs of use

I had a stock kraken servo on there first with irp then stripped gears then i threw in savox then it just stop working period :unsure:

Does the sgt1000 servo fit in a kraken?

doesn't seem like the sterring link would be an issue unless its causing something else to bind up

I had a stock kraken servo on there first with irp then stripped gears then i threw in savox then it just stop working period :unsure:

Does the sgt1000 servo fit in a kraken?

Not sure if they make a mount for the SGT in the kraken. My buddy running dual 845s has had to replace two so he's ~$400 into steering servos at that point he's darn close to the price of an SGT setup.
doesn't seem like the sterring link would be an issue unless its causing something else to bind up

Scruffy your running a Baja? 2wd, lighter. doesn't need the same as a heavy 4x4.

Steering system is spot on nice and smooth. I just started having all these issues with servos once i threw that arm in so its making me think it puts extra strain on servo. Maybe its just me thinking that way.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks