Is a 30.5 cc OBR Prostock be enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dablife

Hi guys!
I ordered a prostock 30.5cc zenoah ported by OBR. I bought it with the carb and clutch. I originally ordered it for my baja 5t because the stock engine crankcase cracked. (i was just using anything as an excuse for a new engine) Ordered the engine....
Later that night I stumbled upon a losi 5ive t brushless converted for $600. Couldn't pass it up.... Im not wanting to stay brushless.
Will this 5.5 hp 30.5cc obr prostock engine be enough?
http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rc-ca...5hp-prostock-zenoah-4-bolt-30-5cc-engine.html

Also when I picked it up from obr factory dan mentioned that if I do put it on the 5ive to change the clutch from the one it came with to the stock losi 5ive clutch... Why?

So if this engine will be good enough then I will just fix the baja's crankcase, and use the prostock on the 5ive..

Thanks!

From what I can tell, obr motors are better... And like 10 min drive from me if I ever need anything... Also I can find dyno results for the obr engine supporting their HP claims... I cant find anything on rcmk engines about their HP except that they are advertised higher than they really are... I cant find any dynos though so who knows... youtube vidoes of rcmk vs obr shows obr has better performance...

giz motors is no longer selling rcmk,, I think once there stock is gone,, they are done with them,,, ddm I think is the usa supplier now,, giz motors has zenoahs yet,, but they seem to be selling down too,, by looking at the site, looks like they are getting out of building engines for large scale cars and sticking with boats,, a lot of items out of stock etc obr from research builds some awesome engines,, most come with a new turtle racing/ obr billet machined 3 piece case,, cnc porting, 239 bucks for the 30.5 prostock long block or u could have a full mod 30.5 and 7 hp for 325.. both engines seem great and bullet proof,, but for the price difference my money would be on the full mod,, unless u want one of there new 38 cc widowmaker engines,, almost 10 hp,, for 780 bucks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks