Is Cheap Grease better than Lucas Red N Tacky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin.
Community Leader
I've been a fan of the Lucas red n tacky grease for some time. I've had several people tell me grease is grease and it makes no difference. Regardless I've continued using Red N Tacy and have been happy with the cost and performance.

Then I came across this video today and found the testing very interesting

So all grease and oils.have to meet basic standards (sold in the u.s.a ) so yeah the cheap grease can work as good as a expensive grease. But in most cases the more expensive grease will have a better addative package. In most cases you'll never notice a difference. I too like the red and tacky, but will use a few substitutions if I cant get it right away.

Many people fall prey to internet lube "brand" flavor of the month. When people throw around Johhny Racer brands such as "Motul" "Redline" and Amsoil while they do make excellent lubes, ask yourself do I really need a hyped up expensive race inspired marketed lube ? What I've learned over the past 40 years of using grease is that ANY grease applied at correct maintenance intervals is better than NO grease. If you want my opinion on "which grease" I've settled on Mobil 1 grease and 15-50 oil . The stuff is fantastic, relatively inexpensive and available down the street at my local Wally World. If you need oil/grease in very cold temps full synthetic is definitely the way to go.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks