Is On-Road dead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breetie

Well, it's been a long summer, and unfortunately my 'Comportline' machine wasn't completed in time to run more than just a few races (and even then, it really wasn't ready). Problem is...I was sorely disappointed with the turnout at these races...

Of course, coming from 1/10 races, I'm sure it's not surprising I'd say that. A lot more people in 1/10 than 1/5 to be sure.

But this is especially bad, starting with the very first 1/5 race I attended over at the RCX show. There were maybe a handful of F1, and perhaps a dozen sedans...really poor turnout for that calibre of racing. After I heard Timmah was selling all his Bergenzoni on-road machines, it kind of spelled the overall outlook of doom that is 1/5 on-road racing.

Did everyone sell their on-roads to get an HPI 5b or an FG Monster Truck? Is that wher 1/5 is going? Perhaps I've just not seen any "real" races, yet...but the vibe doesn't feel as solid as it did when I was racing 1/10. I was racing Serpent Impacts, and that crowd was packed! I remember, in one race we had almost 70 entrants. I'd just kind of like to get a feel for how many on this forum have plans on ditching their on-roads for off-road machines, maybe gauge just how dead the on-road forum is going to get in here...

i think off road is more available to run than stirctly onroad. alot more dirt available than concrete of asphault. that alone makes a differance. then Onroad can typically get costy, not like the offroads cant, but typicaly its not quite as expensive.

i still have the berg. reason im selling is there just isnt anyplace to run it in my area except with the 1/4 scale guys on what i think is a Small oval with many limiting factors, atleast to me. if more LS guys were around my area to run, then i May keep it, but at this point, i don't see that happening as fast as it will with Offroad running.

--i still have the berg. reason im selling is there just isnt anyplace to run it in my area except with the 1/4 scale guys on what i think is a Small oval with many limiting factors, atleast to me. if more LS guys were around my area to run, then i May keep it, but at this point, i don't see that happening as fast as it will with Offroad running.

Well, I'll have to agree, road courses are much more fun than ovals, that gets to aggravating for me. So yeah, I definitely concede the point, it's just sad that more are going dirt. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for fun, I just haven't decided that giving up my on-road is a good idea, yet. I love that car so much...

Meh. Forget ya'll! I'm racin' on-road, even if it means racin' by myself! w007!!11oneone Fun! :)

heh, ya im not sure what you have avail in Canada there. for me i can run offroad out my front door, but have to load up and take off to run onroad.

hey breetie its funny you ask that ? cause i was thinking the same thing and i found out starting oct 4th at milestone raceway there starting 5th scale racing heres the email i got========email as follows====
We currently have practice for all 1/5 and 1/8 scale every other Sunday starting at 8AM. Next practice is this Sunday, the 28th.

The track will be prepped to race condition.

The cost is $10 payable at the gate to enter the park and $10 at the track and you can run all day if you want.

We have scheduled three races every other Saturday starting October 4th for 1/5 scale and we will have a separate class for 4 Wheel Drive. It is sponsored by Gabe Brown Engineering, Team Phatdad RC.com and VS Modelsports (Bob Sarnell). Cost of racing is $10 at the gate and $25 at the track. Each participant will receive one $10 parts coupon from one of the sponsors.

If you haven’t been to Milestone you will be pleasantly surprised. We actually have a tree shaded pit area.

For further information please call Larry Cross 909-887-9700.=========hope this helps it made me feel a bit better... im hoping i can get out there by october once my fg onroad is finished, btw, do you live near lax? my friend moved his hobbie shop to a bigger location and there will be a grand opening in october, and its right off the 405 in lawndale near lax airport

hey breetie its funny you ask that ? cause i was thinking the same thing and i found out starting oct 4th at milestone raceway there starting 5th scale racing heres the email i got========email as follows====
We currently have practice for all 1/5 and 1/8 scale every other Sunday starting at 8AM. Next practice is this Sunday, the 28th.

The track will be prepped to race condition.

The cost is $10 payable at the gate to enter the park and $10 at the track and you can run all day if you want.

We have scheduled three races every other Saturday starting October 4th for 1/5 scale and we will have a separate class for 4 Wheel Drive. It is sponsored by Gabe Brown Engineering, Team Phatdad RC.com and VS Modelsports (Bob Sarnell). Cost of racing is $10 at the gate and $25 at the track. Each participant will receive one $10 parts coupon from one of the sponsors.

If you haven’t been to Milestone you will be pleasantly surprised. We actually have a tree shaded pit area.

For further information please call Larry Cross 909-887-9700.=========hope this helps it made me feel a bit better... im hoping i can get out there by october once my fg onroad is finished, btw, do you live near lax? my friend moved his hobbie shop to a bigger location and there will be a grand opening in october, and its right off the 405 in lawndale near lax airport

Oh wow...very good news indeed. I'm actually in Long Beach, but I'm close enough to LAX that it's a short trip. I've yet to get a body on my FG, so until that happens I doubt I'll be able to run. Even so, I'll go just to watch!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks