Is this a good tune? *Video Included*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKbash

So I was playing with the needles a bit after breaking her in and was just wondering if this sounds like a good tune... Still a newbie at this gas game so a little bit of help/advice is needed here and there :eek: and since people have been helping me here in this forum I though you guys would be the first to ask :)

She's still running 90 octane (highest available here) with Lucas 2 stroke semi synthetic oil at 25:1 ratio.

How does she sound like?
[ame]http://youtu.be/oHZxLFQg454[/ame]

Too LEAN?
Too RICH?
Or just PERFECT?

Thanks guys :) awesome forum!

Last edited:
Thanks guys :)

I pulled out the spark plug and it was between milk/dark chocolate color so I am assuming that is good.
I also replaced the stock plug with the ngk cmr7h since I've been having trouble starting and also while I was at it.
The problem with starting wasn't the plug it turned out to be but either the pull starter or the flywheel itself.

The pull starter kept jamming which had me doing about 10 pulls just to start the engine...I took the pull starter off to check the flywheel and it was moving fine...no binding or anything..I did look at the pull starter and it was getting stuck/jammed so I am guessing it is the pull starter.

Does anyone know any mod or upgrades to fix this problem? Thanks

+1 I just use a replacement metal Pawl with a new PS and don't really have problems. Would love to have the TR pull start but just a little spendy for what it does IMO.

You can get any cy pull starter. here is a standard one.
http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.1511/.f
and i would also get this. Its a metal starter pawl
http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.1466/.f

The tr pull start is very nice but its also very expensive. you can buy 5 normal ones for the price. out if you can afford its very nice.

And you will replace and fix 5 normal many times and never have to worry about the TR pull starter ever again.

That is true as well...

Anyways got a new question for you guys!
So I normally go out to run my t1000 at this dusty field and today, I noticed some slight bogging when idling after about 20 minutes of running. I was wondering what it was and when I did a high speed pass on the dirt, about 5 seconds after the speed run while idling the engine stalled.
I then went to check my air filter and the first larger foam was pretty dirty.... Could this be the cause?
The second smaller foam was pretty clean but the first one was pretty dirty.

I shook it off a bit to get the dust out and installed it and the engine started fine again.

I stopped running though of course until I clean the filters thoroughly.

So could the bogging and stalling be because of a dirty air filter?
And what could be the consequences of running a dirty filter?

Thanks guys

Yers it can be from a dirty air filter if the filter is very dirty then it is blocking air from getting to the carb and thus bog. Also check to see if you have any air leaks around the carb or the engine this will cause a bog also but it will idle higher and then bog. But if you cleaned off the outer filter and it raned fine then its mor then likely the air filter was to dirty make sure to clean both foams real good oil uo the inner foam and make sure that the inside of the carb is clean also.

agreed more than likely the issue, you really want to protect your air filter as much as possible it doesn't take much dirt getting by the filter to damage the cylinder or gum up the Carb. I would recomend outerwears for at least your filter if not your pull start as well.

The km t1000 gt came with a km pre filter for the air filter and pull start so I thought it'd be good enough...

Are the outerwears much different? If so, I'll put that on the priority list

The km t1000 gt came with a km pre filter for the air filter and pull start so I thought it'd be good enough...

Basically the same. Outwears Are just better quality. Keep running the km ones till they start to fall apart. At least that's what I did.

Thanks guys :)

The pull starter kept jamming which had me doing about 10 pulls just to start the engine...I took the pull starter off to check the flywheel and it was moving fine...no binding or anything..I did look at the pull starter and it was getting stuck/jammed so I am guessing it is the pull starter.

Does anyone know any mod or upgrades to fix this problem? Thanks

mine borked up on 2nd tank, so i got a new PS with the COLLAR around the pawl, haven't had a issue since then. the collar helps keep the pawl guided right in and out, whats goin on on ones without the collar is pawl is cocking sideways, jamms up, usually bending the metal parts of the PS, and messing it up. since i installed the regular type PS but one that had the collar molded onto it, i haven't had a single prob with it . and these kind are cheaper too.

Yes if you have the KM thats fine run those until they were out and then get some outwears yes they are better quality then the KM and will last longer.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks