Is this absolutely necessary?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had to take a guess its to prevent any gas from getting up into the cap area and to keep gas from coming out of the vent hole. I speculate due to the lack of my boats not having that and they wouldn't stop spitting gas out of the vent hole at the top of the gas caps

Are you trying to install a fuel nipple or something

No i am not. This is on a stick 5t 2.0 fuel system setup. Right now I am only running the other runner piece.
If I had to take a guess its to prevent any gas from getting up into the cap area and to keep gas from coming out of the vent hole. I speculate due to the lack of my boats not having that and they wouldn't stop spitting gas out of the vent hole at the top of the gas caps

That's what I thought also rep.

Yea I'd leave it otherwise your gunna have alot of fuel to clean up when your done running it

I have been running it without it and I don't get any fuel coming out of the cap.

The red one circled is the only piece that I am running in the cap.

losb5016~2.jpg

that parts a one way valve nizz,
stops fuel exiting but allows tank to vent (y),
and like ryan said, stops fuel spilling out, if you aint getting fuel spillage then you're lucky,
run without it if you don't have fuel splash issues, just run the bulb wi the hole (y),

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks