Is this CY27CC a good engine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can up grade with kits....I would guess 2 bolt being a CY engine....
would depend on the kit you use....for head & crank...if going to redo the bottom end of engine use zenoah engine bearings......or Fast Eddie has good quality engine bearings....also replace with new oil seals & gaskets.......Slawhammer

you can up grade with kits....I would guess 2 bolt being a CY engine....
would depend on the kit you use....for head & crank...if going to redo the bottom end of engine use zenoah engine bearings......or Fast Eddie has good quality engine bearings....also replace with new oil seals & gaskets.......Slawhammer

Good. So this engine isn't a one off unique copy that has nothing in common with the Zenoahs.

I just don't want to get stuck with something I can't upgrade later on.

CY's are a virtual exact copy of Zens.You can use 99% of everything a Zen uses and upgrade till your hearts content! They are good strong engines.They did have a problem five or so years ago with the chrome plating coming off the bore rendering the top half of the mill useless but Chung yang have rectified this floor.
You will probably get a lot of "they are not as good as Zens" but then again your not paying Zenoah prices.I run Zenoah and CY and also mutant engines(Zenoah and CY mixed) and I can personally say I have not had any premature problems yet!
Eventually you will have to re-ring it and change the bearings but you will have to do that on all mills.Its just maintenance.
For the money you wont get a better engine.There are threads here that Jackobyte and I have started showing our cars running mine has cy and Zenoah engines in various cars and Jacko is using a Zenoah. The vids will show you how they perform.
J.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks