Is this normal ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oskygt

I have an FG sedan to which I've installed a super bee switch, and I have installed the front brakes on channel 2 via a y cable and servo reverser, and they work well, my question is on the bench when I power up the car, and test the brakes, the kill switch starts beeping and flashing. (motor not running ) so I am kind of worried something is wrong with my electronics. What do you guys think ? BTW, before the change in the servo to ch2 and y splitter, everything was working fine, so do I chance starting the engine?

Also check your wiring from engine to rx. I have plenty of cars with high demand servos connected to a y harness for steering with no problems. Also it could be your cut off range on the kill switch is either to high for that battery. Nimh or lipo. Nimh I have found lose capacity over time and charge cycles. I still use them in gas boats though for safety reasons even though lipos are becoming more prevalent on that side of the hobby.

Thanks for the help guys and fast responses, but I found the problem, took out all the wires and started all over with connections and found that the switch had a shredded wire, must have pinched it when I stuffed everything into the receiver box and must have not noticed it. live and learn, and I pride myself on my wiring. Still kicking myself, haha. Thanks Bud and Atom, you guys rock.

To me lipos are over-rated, the nihm batteries do their job on the high torque servos on both; the X2 and the KM baja.

Make sure the servos and receiver can take lipo...
Although I have seen your baja is more of a project with very minimal runtime.

Sorry, but the Baja gets run every chance I get, also the FG, I got a nice park right in front of my house where I can run both no problems, no shelf queens in my garage, everything gets run, hopped up and run some more. Next, more tires.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks