It's 2022... Has the Vekta .5 Kit been updated?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

A little over a year ago I was planning on building the Vekta.5 kit. I was aware of updates and upgrades that it needed to be reliable like the bell housing, transmission, and some other things. Life happened and I was not able to buy the kit and build it up.

It's now 2022... Has Kraken updated any of the flaws or is it still the problem child that needs many upgrades to be reliable? I have the means now to buy the kit and put around $2500 into it but don't really want to if it is going to constantly break from normal running.

Just got one, seams to have the 8 mm shock stand off's, but they forgot the 8mm nuts, the shock tower and rear frame holes are 8mm, the rear frame on mine doesn't have kraken and vekta.5 painted on and the two rails are the same so are interchangable left right. The tranny came with bearings preinstalled with compound, very clean no extra was wasted to see what color, but they wouldn't budge and decided not to kill them to find out,
Just got one, seams to have the 8 mm shock stand off's, but they forgot the 8mm nuts, the shock tower and rear frame holes are 8mm, the rear frame on mine doesn't have kraken and vekta.5 painted on and the two rails are the same so are interchangable left right. The tranny came with bearings preinstalled with compound, very clean no extra was wasted to see what color, but they wouldn't budge and decided not to kill them to find out,
I'm at 4600$ cad so far, if you are faint of heart....

The rear hubs are 0 degrees now, there was a sheet of paper in my book to explain the change.
Even after all the years and comments of the plastic rear diff cover being warped... it's still freekin terrible... holding one side of the cover to the diff puts the other side a 1/4 inch off the diff on the other side. Once the bolts are all tight it does get better, but still an epic fail, some RTV silicon should help keep the gears clean, but be terrible for servicing.
Once I've finished my whole build I need to send a letter to kraken about the list of issues, but doubt to get more than the usual, oh so sorry. After all it's just a hobby and will not be depending on it to get to work.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks