it's that time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooo lucky. Hope it's a good time. Wish we had something like that here.
your not that far away you could drive here & stay at my house for the weekend. you only need to bring your car & spare parts. I will supply easy up work table chair & tools.

Last edited:
I would love to race in the USA, I've been there 8 times in my life on holiday and have loved it every time, I plan on racing the world championships there in 2021 once ROAR Get to host it!

I would love to race in the USA, I've been there 8 times in my life on holiday and have loved it every time, I plan on racing the world championships there in 2021 once ROAR Get to host it!
the hard part is getting all your stuff on the plane. I know most of the europeans that come over for the international chaiienge in los angeles end up selling there cars after the race instead of going through the hassle of taking them home. thats how I got my mecatech. I purchased it from markus feldman last year.

the hard part is getting all your stuff on the plane. I know most of the europeans that come over for the international chaiienge in los angeles end up selling there cars after the race instead of going through the hassle of taking them home. thats how I got my mecatech. I purchased it from markus feldman last year.

Post a pic rager. Would love to see it. Still saving for servos for the Carbon sportsline . Got the motor, pipe and brakes hooked up. Curious on what you used for steering, and throttle/brakes.

this race started off rough! the track temp was the highest it has ever been(148 degrees) this with all the rubber that was put down created a difficult situation. on the slower turns the car wanted to go up on to wheels. on the high speed turn(sweeper) the car would drive the front left side down so far it would lift the right rear causing it to break traction. most of the guys opted to stiffen up there suspension. I did not want to do this because with stiff suspension you can't ride the berms without rolling over. this stubbornness almost kept out of the main. at the end of Saturdays qualifying I still was not in the show. Sunday would give me one last chance to make it in. so I decided to do the last qualifier at a slow but even pace. this would not win a race but would get me in. I qualified 8th. so after staring at the car I decided to change the spacer under the front upper from the stock 2mm to a 5mm this would keep the chassis from diving down and lifting the rear wheel. but I figured this would put a lot of stress on the left front tire. so the question is will the tire make 30 minutes. The race started and I made my way up to 3rd some wear around the 23 minute mark I was still on the lead lap not far from second when the car started to push so I knew that tire was starting to go away. so now what is going through my head is do I keep pushing to catch up to second and risk throwing the rubber off the wheel or slow down and be happy with 3rd(4th was 5 laps down). so I took 3rd. check out the pic of the left tire.

Attachments

• IMG_0903 (1).jpg 7.jpg
    IMG_0903 (1).jpg 7.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0904 (1).jpg 8.jpg
    IMG_0904 (1).jpg 8.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0905.jpg 6.jpg
    IMG_0905.jpg 6.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 28
there is video. it usually takes the guy about a week to edit it. he uses 3 cameras set up around the track. as soon as it is posted I will set up a link.

Very very cool. Thank you for sharing your experience. Is there a basic guide you use to set up a car? Not a specific guide, just something that tells you what each action you take vs result you can expect? In other words. What does what.

Very very cool. Thank you for sharing your experience. Is there a basic guide you use to set up a car? Not a specific guide, just something that tells you what each action you take vs result you can expect? In other words. What does what.
The first thing you need to understand is what your car is doing. you would think this is a simple thing to figure out but it's not. 80% of the guy's come up to me and say my car over steers real bad I'v try'ed everything nothing works. so I ask them to drive the car while I watch. sure enough the car has a severe push with a hook. this is why they say nothing works all the changes they make is to reduce steering when they never had it to begin with. so I will have them drive the car real slow around the track to see what it is like to have steering. the first thing they notice is they go around a turn without having the wheels all the the way to the lock position. now I have them drive faster and they find them selves having to go lock to lock to get around the track. now they understand the problem is a bad push and at speed when they turn all the way to a lock position it slides then hooks. now the guys that win races are the ones who can give it the most throttle around a turn without braking traction and having the discipline not to exceed it. A 5th scale car has 70% of it's weight on the back wheels so most of them have a built in push. so knowing this the best advice I can give you is when you get to the track drive your car slow see how it steers now increase the speed until it pushes. now at this point if you do not think it is fast enough make changes and try again. as far as me telling you what to change there are to many variables. I would have to see the car and what it is doing & how you drive. I hope this helps.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks