jetpro drag pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chitown joe

just a FYI if any one wanted a jetpro pipe.
i had been wanting to get one of these dual drag pipes pipes,
i asked my local shop 2 months ago,and today i was told they stop making pipes,also told by another vender the same thing and both wanted me to buy a victory pipe. not what i wanted.again i haven't put alot time into looking for a pipe.
well after contacting jetpro dino, thats not the case. if you go there website every pipe listed dino still makes and sells,
again just an FYI.

just a FYI if any one wanted a jetpro pipe.
i had been wanting to get one of these dual drag pipes pipes,
i asked my local shop 2 months ago,and today i was told they stop making pipes,also told by another vender the same thing and both wanted me to buy a victory pipe. not what i wanted.again i haven't put alot time into looking for a pipe.
well after contacting jetpro dino, thats not the case. if you go there website every pipe listed dino still makes and sells,
again just an FYI.
is it like the origonal fg pipe, super topend? or does it have good power all the way through? i dopnt think id swap my jetpro on my marder for another pipe,maybe vrc. they have incredible power and rpm's.although alot of people don't rate it,i love it,the unsilenced version sounds great at high revs!

Last edited:
the drag pipe i have seen it on a baja here on black top it has top end galore but i see it that it takes off a bit on the slow side,but the thing looks like a set of bulls horns, loud as hell is the bad part, i ordered silencers with it, dino gave me a pretty good price for 2 sets of pipes and the silencers $450 shipped,even if i don't like how they run, i just like the way these bad boys look:D

you guys cant bo by just what you see....have to factor in gears, engine, pipe, tires, tune.....all kinds of things will make a big difference....just because you have same engine and pipe doesn't mean they will be same performance. IMO

who has the same engine and pipe? are you referring to my comment that i seen this pipe run before? shoot between dave and yogi those are the guys that have these pipes that hang out at the bash spots, who's knows what they run engine or gearing they are always tinkering with there baja's i don't think they even know, not a serious issue for me i don't race or get crazy with bashing i actually enjoy running my baja,instead of working on it.
oh and yes i can buy what i see,after all it's my dime i'm spending,and it's just a hobby for me.

damn dude wasnt trying to offend you. And I don't care what you buy or do I was just saying if they are trying to say that pipe is slow on pickup because you saw it run before that doesn't actually mean its the pipes fualt could have been alot of things that made it slow on takeoff.

i'm not offended "you said you just cant go buy what you see" that would a be incorrect statement to say,
and who knows what those guys run, yogi i know is not doing anything to his baja since he barely knows how to start his schumacher 1/8 cars, and dave well who knows with dave, i don't :confused:

i'm not offended "you said you just cant go buy what you see" that would a be incorrect statement to say,
and who knows what those guys run, yogi i know is not doing anything to his baja since he barely knows how to start his schumacher 1/8 cars, and dave well who knows with dave, i don't :confused:
95%of jetpro pipes are going to be on the slow side on take off since they are more of a topend pipe anyways.:lol:

you guys cant bo by just what you see....have to factor in gears, engine, pipe, tires, tune.....all kinds of things will make a big difference....just because you have same engine and pipe doesn't mean they will be same performance. IMO
lol, only asked if its as much as a topend pipe as mine on my fg lol. but gears and so do make a difference.the taller the ratio,the more of the pipes charecteristics you will see.

Last edited:
95%of jetpro pipes are going to be on the slow side on take off since they are more of a topend pipe anyways.:lol:
although jetpros are topend pipes,i wouldnt say mine in slow off the line, ive raced marders with the dominator low pipe and theres nothing in it until my pipe comes on and i get ahead,raced hpis with doms and they are the same.it just doesn't have the bottom to match the crazy top. it has that much top,it makes the bottom feel abit muted,but its not bad at all , it doesn't have bottom end my new victory has, and although the victory has great low end power it also has good topend, just not as good as the jetpro,( think the victory does have good power throughout, we timed it around 4 to 4.5seconds from standstill to 65mph, not bad. with a single speed my marder bogs abit with 70+ mph gearing, but even then ,not as bad as one might think.
in small places with gears 20/44 or 18/46, it a terror off the line,most people use these ratios.
a stock 26cc with a jetpro can hit mid to late 70,s, a jetpro (fg) with a ported single cylinder block can hit high 90,s,obviously with thatr ratio it will bog at low revs,but what pipe does.
if i use gearing for 50mph or less,theres no bog.

i am looking for another motor for a different rc buggy, have you any suggestion from experience? i want more power and revs,i know the pipe will play a huge roll in the way the power comes on. im thinking twin,but thinking twice the hassle!
thankyou

Last edited:
Ya but your also running 2wd,so its not as noticable as running 4wd,most guys running 4wd are looking for a little more umph of the go.

Ya but your also running 2wd,so its not as noticable as running 4wd,most guys running 4wd are looking for a little more umph of the go.
No i definatly wouldnt use this sort of pipe for 4wd, definatly not enough bottom end, plus i don't think a high reving pipe will do much at the top end, in comparison to 2wd. I didnt know he had 4wd, i was just saying in general.

i only run 2wd, i prefer it for some reason, but for me and what i use the marder for, and the kind of surfaces i go on, it is definatly the pipe for the fg.
now ive changed what im doing with the hormann,it wouldnt suit it, the pipe on that is a low / mid pipe but screams alittle too. im trying the 27.2 lr with the jetpro again, both rev nicely.

thanks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks