Jetpro exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CALIC

Hi every 1

I have run to an unusual problem with the jetpro. As i needed to sell my fg baja in parts to save up to complete my other project (fg beetle) i listed most of the components on ebay including my jetpro pipe.

This is the advert for which the pipe is sold now : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300878368891

Just today, i got an email from the buyer saying that my pipe is a fake Jetpro, i bought the pipe about 2 years ago via ebay from some 1 called bluefishy78 which he sell OBR head kits along with the jetpro pipes. This seller is now vanished!

I am now confused as to who is right and who is wrong. I Honestly through my pipe is a jetpro that i purchased for £130. Can you tell if its a fake or not from the picture? The buyer also said that all jetpro exhaust have a side plate that says "jet pro" on them is that true? As the one i sold dose not have this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
I have contacted jetpro regarding this problem and they had confirmed its a copy as they said all their products have 'JETPRO' logo on them. Shame it was a copy as it was a good pipe with a nice tone to it.

My mistake, when you look closely they're tags are visible.
Like I said before I bought two from them years ago and defo not clones and no tags.

Hi
When I bought the first one it was the latest pipe for the Marder and, I'm not sure they then made them for any other models at that time, early days.
The Fg Monster Truck was still on the drawing board, the HPI Baja dadn't been out long so not sure what year it was for sure. I've had Marders long time.

Here is my Jetpro.I found this to be the slowest for my use as my baja has had more pipes than Cheech and Chong:rolleyes:.You can tell its a top end pipe as you can hear @ 1:23 the pipe comes in.

J;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Last message from Dino at Jetpro.

yes we changed to welding on a tag shortly after we came out with that pipe because we make so many different pipes, the pipe you have is pretty old, we came out with it in around 2003 or 02

Didn't notice the embossing before I've had the pipe so long.

Note to myself...Pay more attention when cleaning.

This is my question to jetpro which was replied by 'Dino LaRussa'

Hi, i wounder if you could help.

I bought a jet pro for my fg baja/marder couple of years ago, Now am trying to sell the pipe (as am upgrading) but the buyer had told me its a fake. This is my avert on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300878368891

The buyer had also said that because the pipe dose not have a side plate saying "Jetpro" its fake. Dose all jet pro have a side plate saying jet pro on them or is this a new addition to the exhaust?

Thanks for you help.

Dino:

'yes they do and if I were you I would turn in the people you got it from to the authority's, we have patents on the pipe as well! if you can prove to me you made trouble for these dirt bags that knock off our pipes I will give you a good deal on a real JETPRO pipe '

There might be some confusion but he defiantly said 'yes' to my question which states : Dose all jet pro have a side plate saying jet pro on them or is this a new addition to the exhaust?

It would of helped if he had just mentioned this feature being applied after 02... As i have lost £50 as i gave it away thinking its a fake! Am really not happy about this now.

I brought my jetpro about 2 years ago too and at the time I don't remember the clones being out.the listing isnt on ebay, do you have a picture.i guess it didnt have jetpro stamp?
I guess it was silenced??mine isnt a plate its embossed.

Last edited:
The jetpro I bought several years ago for my FG MB has "JETPRO" impressed into the top of it. I'm trying to get a picture up of it but having some trouble at the mo..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks