Jumping?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voodooguy

Im thinking of getting a monster beetle pro, but first i need to know how good this is for jumping with. If anyone can tell me how durable it is to Baja 5b that would be great. Also which parts break the most easily?

Thanks

What parts can you get the easiest?

The Baja is a good high jumper and lander. The FGMT is a great off road because of high clearance, but is a better on the low jumps due to its short wheel base. It has a tendency to nose dive when landing. I have a harder time jumping the MT in the air and landing then the Baja due to that wheel base and hight. For me parts are less expensive for the Baja but just as easy to get for the MT but if one was alot harder i may steer the way of easy. It is hard for someone to tell you what you want but if you are going to be jumping alot you may want to stick with the Baja.

Good luck on your choice either 1/5 you choose will be a wise choice.:cool2:

https://www.largescaleforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1191&postcount=1

Last edited:
I agree, FG MT is not for high jumps, it is quite heavy, and even if you land on the wheels, the risk of somthing will brake is higher.
But this is the best machine for offroading, the big wheels are good enough to handle hard grounds. and yes if you have a 30.5 ported engine in this machine, you can reach 80 KPH easily,

I have higher gear ratio, and I tested the speed of my truck on official speed trap(near my house, a transport office where police check the cars for matching the standards, and they have a small road section with a speed camera to check the speed of the car in the speedo meter and actual speed on the speed camera, For me it is fun to drive on this road, as on weekend the office is closed but this speed camera and the LED display screen is always working)

What parts can you get the easiest?

The Baja is a good high jumper and lander. The FGMT is a great off road because of high clearance, but is a better on the low jumps due to its short wheel base. It has a tendency to nose dive when landing. I have a harder time jumping the MT in the air and landing then the Baja due to that wheel base and hight. For me parts are less expensive for the Baja but just as easy to get for the MT but if one was alot harder i may steer the way of easy. It is hard for someone to tell you what you want but if you are going to be jumping alot you may want to stick with the Baja.

Good luck on your choice either 1/5 you choose will be a wise choice.:cool2:

https://www.largescaleforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1191&postcount=1

Before I made my purchase I watched every video I could get my hands on. I checked all the prices and avalability of spare parts, and I read everything I could. I chose a Baja and never looked back. I personaly think the Baja has and will continue to revolutionize the large scale arena and will lead to better products in an otherwise stagnent class of rc. Look at the development of support parts and upgrades for the baja over the last year alone. Now we have some big names getting in on the fun such as proline, and the baja bred companys are making great strides in product development daily. This car in my opinion is to the 1/5 scale arena what the T-Maxx is to monster trucks.

but if you like the beetle buy that one..... :cup-2:

gotta disagree with some of you!

I've had my MB Pro a little over a year, I've bashed/jumped (& crashed!) my MB Pro all over the show! :)

A few times I have met up with Baja 5b/SS for a days bashing & I have to say everytime my MB Pro seems to handle much better especially on jumps & the rough stuff, the times ive met up with baja owners everytime they seem to struggle keeping a straight line as the backend just wants to spin around due to the power (especially with a tuned pipe) & when jumping almost everytime it would nose dive! providing they can get a b-line to the jump!

Alsmost every jump i do my bettle lands on all 4's (unless i fook it up!) with some nice air :)

Anyways heres some pics of my MB Pro doing air & a vid, more pics & info on my website @ www.tizdaz.co.uk :)

vid: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RHekSxZzOH8

4ed.jpg

13ed.jpg

10ed.jpg

8ed.jpg

6ed.jpg

9ed.jpg

34.JPG

31.JPG

12.JPG

10.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG

17.JPG

18.JPG

20.JPG

26.JPG

32.JPG

52.jpg

45.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks