Junkyard marder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
waiting for a bargain to rear its ugly head...or an electric conversion in this or one of the touring cars? But thats big dosh and im moving abroad in a month so best spend less. Oh Frag it! what is my paypal balance

Justin

So its finished, older touring car engine slipped in and ancillaries fitted, just need a kill switch and some filters then off to play...

DSCF3677.jpg

DSCF3676.jpg

DSCF3678.jpg

Justin

so a few months off the Fg's while we moved to the other side of the planet...use the word planet and it feels so far away...anyhoo the Marder finally got finished and tested, after some idling issues it ran sweet, however the slicks just don't cut it on grass, absoulutely no grip and whenever the throttle was touched it would just spin the rears up and pirouette. so an order was placed to China for HPI style wheels and tyres, beadlocks so I don't have to glue anything ever again and hub adaptors. And I have to say the quality of the adaptors is superb, beautiful machining...anyway hers some pictures before the first test.

IMG_2067_zps09817dd3.jpg
IMG_2066_zpsdb4b2215.jpg

IMG_2068_zps465a9bc8.jpg

Justin

got 20 minutes on the oval before I couldnt see it in the dark and the tyres really hook up, its a god damn rocket ship, no sliding or slipping on acceleration and cornering pushing very hard. Have a small bogging issue to sort, probably not seen before as the tyres never gripped so no load.
Very happy with the purchase.

JP

Bang!

Bang she blew!
Took the Marder on its first Aussie Christmas trip, 2000km is 5 days, there and back
had a great weekend with the nephew (8 years old) in tow,tearing up the parents acreage for a good few tanks then It did this
Bang_zps35cb75ee.jpg

Seems it over revved the rear wheel due to wheelspin and the tyre exploded instantly stopping the engine so silence, allowing the loose tread to launch silently 4-5 meters in the air and land next to the wheel it came from. Took out the new wing too which is the real pain.
Or
The tyre ballooned due to wheelspin, cut itself on the wing and destroying the wing in the process, exploded killing the engine and flew perfectly vertical up and down.
Very dramatic end to the fun.
Any recommendations on tyre types that minimise ballooning?

JP

Were they the true Hostiles? I have slaughtered a few of my cars with Hostiles and never had a problem.You can also wrap carpet tape around the inserts to minimise ballooning but I have not heard of belted tyres,I'm sure other member will have a better idea.
J

No they weren't real Hostiles, Madmax wheels with KM Monster tyres it would seem.

Looks more likely the wing cut the tyre before it exploded.

JP

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks